GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4th Gen Miata/MX-5

dave80

Go Kart Champion
I think I'm gay. :eek::eek::eek:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
1.5L base motor confirmed. Possible turbo or other 2.0 or 2.5 N/A expected.. if they go turbo 2.0.. I could make the jump. maybe.

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
1.5L base motor confirmed. Possible turbo or other 2.0 or 2.5 N/A expected.. if they go turbo 2.0.. I could make the jump. maybe.

I think I've seen you in every concept, review and first drive thread saying you might jump on it. Some times but not always mentioning the wife.

I feel like you either picked the best time to buy a car or the worst time. Golf R, Miata, Focus RS, maybe Type R?

Must be a tough decision.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I think I've seen you in every concept, review and first drive thread saying you might jump on it. Some times but not always mentioning the wife.

I feel like you either picked the best time to buy a car or the worst time. Golf R, Miata, Focus RS, maybe Type R?

Must be a tough decision.

haha, this is true ;)

I really miss MT.. so, part of me wants to grab a $3-$5K miata in the spring.. OR.. get into something like the 2015 WRX or Golf R, OR go to a two car plan with sellling my A3 and getting a DD beater like a civic and buying the new Miata..

I do agree, this year and perhaps next, is bringing about some pretty awesome cars to choose from - both from Germany and Japan.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
haha, this is true ;)

I really miss MT.. so, part of me wants to grab a $3-$5K miata in the spring.. OR.. get into something like the 2015 WRX or Golf R, OR go to a two car plan with sellling my A3 and getting a DD beater like a civic and buying the new Miata..

I do agree, this year and perhaps next, is bringing about some pretty awesome cars to choose from - both from Germany and Japan.

Why not get an old boat-impala beater like i do now with a rental. Shitty car but good power that makes me look like a bro and extremely comfortable. I would only pay $300 for that bc its shit!

Kidding aside, i might snag a mk7 with dsg. Do u think dsg is good for only car for 2 years (gonna be daily mostly with few autox's and hpde), bc if i do get dsg i might consider an 2000-2005 wrangler with manual as an offroad toy, winter beater and beach trips w/ no doors in a year or 2.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
$1700 and a gorgeous mariner blue example could be yours.

Price seems.. awfully low, no? does it.. run? lol ;)

Why not get an old boat-impala beater like i do now with a rental. Shitty car but good power that makes me look like a bro and extremely comfortable. I would only pay $300 for that bc its shit!

Kidding aside, i might snag a mk7 with dsg. Do u think dsg is good for only car for 2 years (gonna be daily mostly with few autox's and hpde), bc if i do get dsg i might consider an 2000-2005 wrangler with manual as an offroad toy, winter beater and beach trips w/ no doors in a year or 2.

dsg is good!:w00t:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/futu...gine-announcement-for-us-market?src=soc_fcbks

that 155hp/150tq doe..... lulz.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'd have to drive it.. and I'm interested to see pricing and options. Just would have been nice if one of these cars could up the ante just a little bit when it comes to power.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like a riot to drive. I hope they're at the auto show this weekend, but we'll see.

That God damn iPad on the dash though. Its a fucking driver's car, who needs a touch screen radio with facebook apps in a Miata??

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like a riot to drive. I hope they're at the auto show this weekend, but we'll see.

That God damn iPad on the dash though. Its a fucking driver's car, who needs a touch screen radio with facebook apps in a Miata??

Yes... I just want HVAC with knobs and an audio system with buttons... keep everything else.

Honestly, my base GTI interior was perfect for a driver's car. No silly touch screen, no silly buttons on the steering wheel, just big, easy to reach controls.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion

Every year I say the same thing, "I hope this is at the Philly Auto Show this year..."

Get real mothalicka, there's NEVER anything cool at the Philly Auto Show.