GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4K Mile Perspective... 1st GTI

angelsfanswa

Passed Driver's Ed
What can I say, but that the GTI does it all except off road. I've never had a better balanced car that worked for me in so many ways ... my only two gripes are cosmetic: color palette (got white as a compromise) and stock wheel options. Sunroof can also be a little creaky under certain conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F80Dreamer

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad to hear you are liking it, I too just hit 4k this past weekend and am constantly amazed at what a great all around car it is. Enjoy!!

Navi

Autocross Champion
lol, I also hit 4000 miles today. Love the car.. perfect city vehicle for me. Except its bumpy as shit with coilovers when around my neighborhood, but I was well aware of the trade off for a more planted feel for smooth backs roads when I'm put east.

soflo-nochi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hit 1500 today. Super happy! Coming from a full bolt on 335i I am surprised that I like this car even more. Only issue I have is there is no memory in the seat (Autobahn). The damn valet guys keep moving my seat and there's nothing worse than trying to get the seat back to that familiar position [emoji58]

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
The damn valet guys keep moving my seat and there's nothing worse than trying to get the seat back to that familiar position [emoji58]

Talk about first world problems. :D

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
The damn valet guys keep moving my seat and there's nothing worse than trying to get the seat back to that familiar position [emoji58]

I have the same problem, being fairly tall (6'2). Solution? Move the seat up before you get out, to a position someone else is unlikely to need to modify. This way only the fore/aft gets changed and it's fairly easy to find "your" spot again. If you let them monkey with it, sometimes they fumble around and change everything - which really sucks.

VW should really have memory seats, or at least on the driver's side, as well as Homelink, on the top trim levels, and/or available as an option. Ridiculous not to have these features in 2017 on a "premium" car.

slide13

Ready to race!
Just went over 5000 on mine and love it! Wouldn't change a thing really. First ever VW, first ever new car...super happy with my decision and glad I discovered the GTI.

Stevo_CT

Ready to race!
Agree with you guys, it's a fantastic package. Small nuances aside, and personal bias of course, but I 100% maintain nothing can touch a gti in that segment.

NickC

Ready to race!
I will agree also, this is the first car I have owned that overall did everything well. My MK6 Jetta TDI was nice, but the trade off in power wasn't seen in MPG because I didn't driver far enough. My only real gripe so far was the clutch pedal but that is an easy free fix.

Glad you're enjoying the GTI.

armedferret

Ready to race!
i'm over 14k now and can hardly believe it. I loved my diesel jetta, but this thing's way nicer.

I do miss the mileage though. :p

CeleritasPrime

Ready to race!
Mine has just under 6500 miles. From the first day I was more comfortable driving this car - its size and shape make it intuitive to drive - than my previous car which I drove for sixteen years. I can see out of it, in all directions. It seats five grown men. It carries all my camping gear. It handles corners great and is very predictable.

Some days I get a case of the "shouldas". I shoulda got a DSG because I drive in traffic sometimes. I shoulda got a Fiesta ST because of the missed opportunity (they are likely going away soon). Blah blah blah.

And then I just go drive and all that melts away.

mhouck

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm at about 22k in my 16' Autobahn and am still absolutely in love with. Put 200 miles on it today in SE Texas and enjoyed every minute of it.

My only gripe is the occasional "ParkPilot Not Available" error, and like was stated earlier..no memory seats.

Also...cooled seats would be nice.

SpinKix

Passed Driver's Ed
occasional "ParkPilot Not Available" error

Yeah, what's up with that?

Popped up yesterday for the first time (1,750 mi).

Only thing on my end that could have caused it is that I have made some OBD11 changes, remote windows, silenced soundaktor.

How about you?

Only other funny business was the low tire alert for no reason.

This car is so perfect I'll still be happy with it's niggling quirks.

mhouck

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, what's up with that?

Popped up yesterday for the first time (1,750 mi).

Only thing on my end that could have caused it is that I have made some OBD11 changes, remote windows, silenced soundaktor.

How about you?

Only other funny business was the low tire alert for no reason.

This car is so perfect I'll still be happy with it's niggling quirks.

Mine is actually bone stock. The only thing I did to resolve that was holding the power button down for a few seconds. I'm told thats like a soft reboot of the system. Seems to work...all is good now.

SpinKix

Passed Driver's Ed
Good to know it wasn't something I did.

It happened while I was switching screens, so maybe some button sequence triggers the message.

Programming glitch I guess.

I just ignored the message and haven't seen it since.