GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2023/2024 maps for Discover Media (MST2) and Discover Pro (MHIG/MHI2)

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
There are new maps available for VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda vehicles.
Sadly, since VWAG and VW of America are separate companies, as usual there's no official NAR maps link.

Update in MST2 Discover Media:

Old MIB1 Discover Media (SW Train: MSTD) is no longer supported. Latest maps for this those units are from 2020/2021:

MIB2 Discover Media (SW Train: MST2) is still supported.
You need original SD card or you need to patch CID-Lock to use 3rd party cards.
CID-Lock can be removed with MST2 Toolbox or with Duke&Congo SD Activator.

MIB1 and MIB2 Discover Pro (SW Train: MHIG or MHI2) is still supported.
Update can be performed from any SD card or any USB stick.
Update procedure will copy new maps from external media to internal memory, which will take about 45 minutes.

If you want other VAG maps (MH2P, MOI3, MHI3...) check it here: https://mib-helper.com/show.php?all=maps#details

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I already have 2022 maps for Discover Pro, I need the neeeeeewwww ones 😂.

I posted the link to these over in the NAR maps update thread, in case anyone is looking for them. Even though discover pro isn't common on this side.

PXL_20230509_133321251.MP.jpg

That being said, it would be more heroic if somebody posted 2023/2024 non-Pro maps. Those would probably benefit 80% of folks here.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That link does not work for me, file not found.

I see this under MHI2 though...
1683721368621.png

Do you know the difference in these? The database I have loaded (pictured in my previous post) is this exact file.
But then I see the P87_____ file, which is 10.6GB. I'm curious about what's in the 10GB that's gone (or maybe it's better compressed/optimized), any thoughts?
I'll likely download it when I get home anyway, just curious.

I also see some interesting things in the POI folder, might have to check those out.

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
I have a copy of 23 maps I used to update my discover pro. I loaded them about two months ago. Not sure how to host it though. Its 15GB.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Nice... I am trying to set something up for you to upload them, that will come via PM.
Is it correct to assume they show version V03959809PN0089 NAR 2023 on the info screen?

As an aside, I downloaded the P87 from mibsolution but have not had the chance to update my car, currently on P85.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Updated this morning using the latest version from MIB solution. Now says 2022/2023, prior it just said 2022.
Went from PL0085 NAR 2022 to PM0087 NAR 2022/2023
PXL_20230517_144423651.jpg

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@Kushdaiin okay cool. So possibly we have the latest, since we're not even halfway through 2023 yet.

I don't know the schedule for NAR maps, or if a set one even exists. So I guess until we see 2024, probably have to look outside of MK7 forums, we can at least pretend to be happy knowing we are current 🤣.