GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 VW Golf R Lost of Power a lower RPM

d0m0kun

Car(s)
Golf R?
Hello All,

Just had my car at the dealership for a replacement water pump/thermostat and when I drove the car after I picked it up, noticed a sudden loss of power and a loud grinding noise. I didn't throw any CEL or EPC light, but not sure exactly what is going on. Took the car back to the dealership and they will look at it again. Has anyone experienced this before?

2019 VW Golf R
DSG
Stock Tune
CTS Intake with turbo inlet pipe

josh_

Passed Driver's Ed
Yo!

It could be a bunch of things. Quite a bit of the car was taken apart to replace the h2o pump.

Did it happen just once? How long before you took it back to the dealer? Did they change the oil as part of the install?

I hope you hear back soon. Good luck!

josh

PS how many miles on the car?

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Hello All,

Just had my car at the dealership for a replacement water pump/thermostat and when I drove the car after I picked it up, noticed a sudden loss of power and a loud grinding noise. I didn't throw any CEL or EPC light, but not sure exactly what is going on. Took the car back to the dealership and they will look at it again. Has anyone experienced this before?

2019 VW Golf R
DSG
Stock Tune
CTS Intake with turbo inlet pipe
Ok they've had it since Friday. What was the outcome?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Sorry for the late response, but the boost pipe was loose and blew off the clamp. It is working fine now, lol
I had a '91 Mazda turbo. The trans' control module failed and the car stopped moving. Had it towed to the dealer. They relaced the trans under warranty. I picked up my wife from work and was on the way home, when I heard a loud bang then a whoosh. Like on your car, they didn't tighten one of the clamps between the turbo and the intake manifold. I just happened to be carrying the right tools and was able to do it myself. The turbo in that car was in the front, making it easy to do. At least I didn't need a tow truck, but I was annoyed.