GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 R with DAP delivery this week?

KaiFab

I ordered a 2017 R w/ DAP at the beginning of August. I was told on Friday that my car is in Houston and should be here this week. My question is, is it even possible to have a car with DAP in the US this early? I keep reading that all of the cars being delivered now don't have DAP. It's even on the order guide that it's not available until CW31, which was barely a month ago!

I do have a VIN and PDF of the window sticker and it does say under Optional Packages that it includes DAP so I'm hoping that it's not wrong. I'll obviously be checking the car for the features before I take it as I do want it and paid for it. I just haven't seen anything about anyone seeing any DAP cars yet.

dcpower

Passed Driver's Ed
My 17 R w/ DAP was on the lot over three weeks ago, however this is in Canada.

I ordered a 2017 R w/ DAP at the beginning of August. I was told on Friday that my car is in Houston and should be here this week. My question is, is it even possible to have a car with DAP in the US this early? I keep reading that all of the cars being delivered now don't have DAP. It's even on the order guide that it's not available until CW31, which was barely a month ago!

I do have a VIN and PDF of the window sticker and it does say under Optional Packages that it includes DAP so I'm hoping that it's not wrong. I'll obviously be checking the car for the features before I take it as I do want it and paid for it. I just haven't seen anything about anyone seeing any DAP cars yet.

RLilEvie

Ready to race!

Sounds very lucky to have arrived so early. I put a deposit down in April and was just advised that my R with DAP will arrive between 10/1 to 11/4.

What color and transmission did you choose?

KaiFab

If you look on cars.com, I think every single one of them is without DAP going by advertised prices. Most don't have pictures so I can't look for bumper dimples of the parking sensors. I think some are even base models without DCC/Nav as RLilEvie mentioned.

I ordered a Black 6 Speed DCC/Nav with DAP. I just keep reading that ALL the cars delivered, being delivered and at port right now don't have DAP because it wasn't available until CW31. The October allocation is supposed to be all DAP.

Maybe I just got lucky and was able to get a DAP car so early. I'm very excited to upgrade from my MK6 GTI but also worried that the window sticker might not be accurate causing me to have to get in line again.

I asked the dealer today for the factory build sheet so I can see the option codes and build date. They still don't know when it will come, on their end they just see ETA 9/5/2016.

biglilsteve

Ready to race!
No DAP cars are going to arrive until the Oct/Nov time frame mentioned above.

Anything available in the mean time will be DCC/NAV with no DAP.

Not a big deal. Most of the useful features that used to be DAP are now standard. That includes Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist), Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert, and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). That's why I cancelled my DAP order and will be picking up a non-DAP tomorrow afternoon.

KaiFab

For any of those curious for an update, I'm still waiting for the car to be delivered. They've assured me that it's left the Houston port and just have the ETA of 9/5. I still haven't seen or heard any DAP 17Rs around either. I've posted my VIN in the Where's your GTI thread so hopefully that will provide some more insight since my dealer has no other information.

I'm fine with the car coming later as that is when I expected it anyway, just don't lie to me. At this point, my trade is officially a dealer car that I'm "borrowing" with dealer plates and the financing completed with VW Credit. That may have been a mistake on my part but I was excited for my car and wanted to just literally swap keys when it came.

RLilEvie

Ready to race!
For any of those curious for an update, I'm still waiting for the car to be delivered. They've assured me that it's left the Houston port and just have the ETA of 9/5. I still haven't seen or heard any DAP 17Rs around either. I've posted my VIN in the Where's your GTI thread so hopefully that will provide some more insight since my dealer has no other information.

I'm fine with the car coming later as that is when I expected it anyway, just don't lie to me. At this point, my trade is officially a dealer car that I'm "borrowing" with dealer plates and the financing completed with VW Credit. That may have been a mistake on my part but I was excited for my car and wanted to just literally swap keys when it came.

Keep us informed. My DAP was initially set for 10/1-11/4 delivery, but my dealer said the comm# points to mid-October.

KaiFab

A minor update, the guy on the Where's your GTI thread gave me a build date of 7/29. That is the tail end of CW30 so it must have just barely got on the boat with many of the non-DAP cars. I got my Comm number on 8/6 so being built just a week before my order is amazing! :D

I hope this means there will be others like it for those also waiting for DAP cars. I can't believe it'd be a unicorn and the only 17R with DAP in the US right now.

I'll update when the car is on the lot. I'm getting antsy and it's time for someone else to love my MK6 GTI. :)