GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 Golf S 5 speed MT first mods?

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Mike, I will go with DG springs first. Thanks for the rsb link. How much should I pay for the rsb instalation, I don't have time to do it myself?
Matzi-your Golf looks cool, I like those side skirts!

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
What kind of superpro bushings for the rsb will I need? Also, do I need to modify the oem gti rsb to fit Golf TSI?

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
how long have you had the tune for? and hows your clutch holding up ? im thinking about doing APR stage 1 soon

About 10k miles. Trading in the car now thought... Won the baby lottery and got twins on top of my 4 years old daugther...

The clutch weak point is between the seat and the steering wheel, tune or not. Unless you "live your life a quarter mile at a time" you should be allright.

I can also compare JB4 and APR as I tried them both. APR wins hand down. Smoother and WAY more power. No spiderweb of cable in the hood either. You can make almost same power with the JB4 but that involve playing endlessly with settings (safe?) and doing endless runs/logs. Don't get me wrong the JB4 is an AWESOME product with unmatched support from BMS. For the heavy modified, JB4 is the way to go (way more tunability). For your daily enthusiast that just want a tune = APR.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
sergemcgraw83, the car looks fantastic... i love the cup lip but its so freaking expensive... why is it more than their regular lip?! its less material!

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
sergemcgraw83, the car looks fantastic... i love the cup lip but its so freaking expensive... why is it more than their regular lip?! its less material!

Yeah I know! I searched and searched for a less expensive front lip that I liked as much and could not find one. I finally gave up and ordered that one. Took forever to get here too...

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone has experience with dogbone mount/insert? This is very new to me, what is this for?

MikeF1021

Ready to race!
What kind of superpro bushings for the rsb will I need? Also, do I need to modify the oem gti rsb to fit Golf TSI?

You won't really *need* any other bushings, but I figure hell, if you've already got the whole bar off you might as well put some stiffer bushings on while you have the access. I am not sure the exact diameter of the OEM gti rear sway bar, but if you contacted superpro and asked them for guidance I would imagine they could help. Also, I don't believe you will need to modify the gti rsb in order for it to fit the golf, just make sure you get the brackets too.

Here is an install video: https://youtu.be/NusrrFQP7sI

As far as the dogbone mount insert... your car has a mount that, if im not mistaken, connects the transmission case to the subframe. Under hard acceleration, shifting or even just initial take off, the sloppiness of this oem dogbone mount is very apparent. The oem mount is engineered around minimizing vibrations, rather than maximizing driving experience. While some people will replace the whole mount, many others simply insert a $40 piece of metal that fills some of the void in the oem mount. Most people seems to like the 034 mount insert, but some don't like it because of added noise/vibration/harshness.

The 034 mount insert was my 2nd mod to my mk7, right after my BMS clutch stop. I find that while the 034 mount insert increases some n/v/h, it is mainly only when lugging the engine, which you shouldn't be doing in the first place. There is some n/v/h on take off depending on how your shifting. I like mine but I just bought the revo mount to try out. I wouldn't ever go back to oem though.

https://store.034motorsport.com/mqb...golf-gti-r-8v-audi-a3-s3-billet-aluminum.html

All you need is a set of ramps, a socket set, and a torque wrench for either of these DIYs.

Last edited:

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
What finish is your cup lip, they sell them in gloss black and carbon....

Neither. I got the "Molet" option one. It's basically no finish aka black plastic just like the GTI skirts.

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
Perfect, thanks for all the answers. My wheels are coming tomorrow (NS rse05 with 225/45/17 summer tires, BF Goodrich G‑Force Sport Comp 2) I loved the G-force sport comp 2's on my Acura TSX and ordered a set for my new car) I just realized that they are 2lbs heavier then equivalent signature Micheline summer tire PS2. Ohh well...I relly like the BF Goodrich tire for straight line stability, overall feel and driving on wet roads...but 2lb heavier..yaiks

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
+1 for a ST rear sway bar. Why pay $100, even $75 for a used OEM GTI one when you can get the ST brand-new for ~$150? I just installed one on my GSW and it makes a hell of a difference with cornering. Used to plow like a pig in hard corners but now holds its ass where it should. I still need better tires though.