GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Volkswagen Golf VII GTI concept revealed

krische

vdubber in training
Unfortunately, LED DRLs aren't really anything special anymore. Even KIAs have them nowadays.

They used to make me think of nice Audis (R8), now they just make me think of cheap cars trying to look like nice Audis.

But I do prefer the look of the "bar" of light, versus the string of individual bulbs.

Jasonred85

Passed Driver's Ed
I actually really like the new look. I'm not sure why some people are bashing it. It seems less cutesy looking than the mkvi. It looks more masculine IMO. I was hoping for 250 hp but hopefully we'll be able to do an ecu upgrade. I hope it comes fall 2013 in the states. A 2013 with stage 2 is tempting...

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Well.. I'm actually impressed at how this came together so far. I like what they did with the stripe. The hood looks aggressive as hell :thumbsup: there. Not a fan of the rear hatch though. Wheels look good. Interior looks matured and AWESOME.

Would I trade for it? Probably not.

MKX

Passed Driver's Ed
I know that Audi and VW have recently been working to prevent ECU tuning changes. Audi has done this with formal tech notes to dealers, but VW has also been working on better access security. Does anyone think that this may become more of an issue? Because right now my intake/stage 1 2011 GTI seems to get better numbers. The power boost wouldn't be sufficient if that was the most you can get from the ECU

The tuners will crack it. Every time a new car comes out, manufacturers talk about how secure the ECU is, and every time it's eventually cracked. Nissan tried saying the GTR ECU was uncrackable. That's going real well for them. Lol.

The aftermarket has too much money riding on cracking ECUs to sit around and let it defeat them. I'm sure VW will make it more secure somehow, but it may take a little time.

MKX

Passed Driver's Ed
I could learn to live with the front facia, despite it having 3 "fins" per side like the MK6. I was never a fan of this particular design element.

I'm hoping the red stripe in the headlights doesn't make it to production or looks better in person. It looks dumb AF in these pictures.

The buttresses on the sides of the hatch... hope those don't make it to production or are easily removable.

And that steering wheel, ugh. Looks like a huge step backwards from the MK6 wheel. It looks bigger in diameter, thinner rimmed, less sculpted, there's no perforated leather, and the buttons look cheaper/plasticy.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I'm quite happy with this.

It's not anything amazing, I'm not wowed but I'm reminded of a line by Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean; "Don't do anything stupid."
Well, they didn't do anything stupid.

So much could have gone so wrong.

Belix

Passed Driver's Ed
indeed, that steering wheel in plain nasty. If it were not for the difference in buttons, could imagine a bunch of people taking their mk6 wheel with them.
Also no enamoured with the red line in the headlights.