GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

135is vs S4

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Guys I know these cars are totally different. Everything from size, weight, rwd vs awd, supercharged vs twin turbo. They are pretty close in price, the S4 is a couple grand more expensive. I am seriously considering buying one or the other. I guess I am just curious how other car nuts like myself feel about these 2 cars. What would you prefer and why?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
135is is old...the new 2 series is coming next year i'd get that instead. But the S4 is worlds more practical and bigger. I would get the S4 instead of the midget bmw.

but the bmw will be slightly faster, if that matters.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I'd likely go manual 135. Also, I'd buy lightly used with either, save like $10k plus and get a good warranty.

135 because I prefer smaller cars, RWD is more fun, lighter weight, more power, crazy power with tune... Both are obviously sure nice cars though, S4 is a way more practical DD.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
135is is old...the new 2 series is coming next year i'd get that instead. But the S4 is worlds more practical and bigger. I would get the S4 instead of the midget bmw.

but the bmw will be slightly faster, if that matters.

I'd likely go manual 135. Also, I'd buy lightly used with either, save like $10k plus and get a good warranty.

135 because I prefer smaller cars, RWD is more fun, lighter weight, more power, crazy power with tune... Both are obviously sure nice cars though, S4 is a way more practical DD.

The funny thing is both of these opinions are exactly how I feel depending on my mood lol

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
My good friend has a B8 S4, and it is wildly more expensive to mod than a bimmer. His brothers have a 335 and 135.

That being said, if mod pricing isn't a concern I'd go with the s4. It's hefty weight makes it super comfortable. It also handles well and has AWD. No more traction issues and you'll be able to launch it out the hole like no other.

Fbo vs Fbo, his brothers 335 on e86 and rb turbos is faster.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
İd go for 135is personally, the 1 is the 2nd last great steering bmw has and pretty much close to old bimmers as well driving wise. although my moms f10 535 m package electric steering feels tighter than my gti, 2 seems to becoming an older 3 series territory as for size. İf you care about passenger space 1 is not gonna cut it unless they are kids or quick short trips. S4 is great for street and straightline power. Bmw is more of a drifter, track, pretty much everything else kinda car, it has more to offer imo.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
It all depends on what you want. If you're a driver and want an excellent drive, the 135 is a no contest winner. If you need something that's a bit more practical, the S4 is a better fit, though the drive is pretty...artificial.