GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.8T Eco-Performance Build

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
They actually do! I saw one the other day. A new, MQB A3 hatch.

In America they only sell the e-tron version, and therefore not popular as far as hatch goes.

Don't think it's a new one. I think they stopped making it in 2015 with the refresh.

A3 hatch still exists, just not for the North American Market.
https://www.audi.de/de/brand/de.html

No you are wrong....:cool:

Just because you haven't seen, or your country may or may not get, does not mean that Audi do not make..

I can order in UK new MQB A3 it the following types:-

A3 hatch
A3 sport back
A3 saloon
A3 Cabriolet

Plus an "S3" version of all the four above..

Plus RS saloon, & RS sportback

Finally A3 sportback e-tron..

In America, the only A3 hatch they sell is the e-tron, and I only saw 2 of them for the last few years.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
I understand some new detectors can filter out the radar coming from cars with features like ACC? I know laser is an instant on and hard to pick up early but can lasers be picked up if they are shooting the cars ahead and some residual beams get by and hit your detector? If so would this be rare to pick one up? I do not speed much above limit but there are times I would like to have notice. Where I live there are so many State Troopers, Sheriff and City Police in a town of 15,000.

Also, are there wireless units where the sensor (hard wired) can be mounted in the grill and signal back to the main unit which is plugged in? Are there some that work in conjunction with cell phones? I know one was sold a couple years ago but do not think it went well and is not longer for sale.

No, you are not able to detect laser until it is actually hitting you. Your detector will alert that you have been hit with laser and will display what speed you were going when the laser hit. With Ka band (the one I've seen cops use the most) you'll get about 2-3 seconds warning if you're traveling at 90mph to slow down to 75-80ish when you hear an alert. The detector is great for any road trip longer than an hour because it'll give you more confidence to cruise at 80-90mph. I usually cruise around 85-90mph. Do not rely solely on the detector, you still have to keep your eyes out for cops that could also be cruising with their radar off.

rafa1

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry, should have specified, I meant for the US Market.
If they brought all the cars here I would actually buy the S1.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
One thing that has been bugging me about my A3 is that it does not have a built in compass. My Autobahn GTi had a compass but it also had navigation installed whereas my A3 does not have navigation. Is there a way to get a compass function installed or a new mirror that is applicable for our cars?

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Picked up a couple goodies this weekend from Neuspeed Headquarters. I love the fact that they are within driving distance from me. Guess what's in the box? I'll try to get the install done this weekend.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Picked up a couple goodies this weekend from Neuspeed Headquarters. I love the fact that they are within driving distance from me. Guess what's in the box? I'll try to get the install done this weekend.

Power module in big box.
Share how that does in a 1.8. If a NPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Power module in big box.
Share how that does in a 1.8. If a NPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Something else is in the box :)
I reviewed the Neuspeed Power Module last week!

Here's a copy pasta:

Driving around town I don't really feel a difference between stock and with the neuspeed power module. When I am accelerating to go on the highway however, it is very noticeably stronger than stock when I have the power module installed. Highway pulls from 40-80mph are not very fast, however it is very noticeably faster than when the car was stock. The 1.8T with Neuspeed power module churns out similar horsepower as a stock mk6 GTi according to my butt dyno (;

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Something else is in the box :)
I reviewed the Neuspeed Power Module last week!

Here's a copy pasta:

Driving around town I don't really feel a difference between stock and with the neuspeed power module. When I am accelerating to go on the highway however, it is very noticeably stronger than stock when I have the power module installed. Highway pulls from 40-80mph are not very fast, however it is very noticeably faster than when the car was stock. The 1.8T with Neuspeed power module churns out similar horsepower as a stock mk6 GTi according to my butt dyno (;

I see now. Should have read more posts.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Neuspeed P-Flo Intake is the next mod for my 1.8T A3. The fit and finish of the parts is top notch except the Neuspeed logo on the intake piping is just a decal and comes off extremely easy. I accidentally rubbed the E off while molestering my new intake. I decided to go with the P-flo over the APR or VWR intake simply because Neuspeed is local to me, and I like the easiness to maintain an open intake filter compared to an enclosed intake such as APR's.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
The install for the Neuspeed Pflo was relatively straightforward and not too difficult using the Neuspeed Instructions included with the intake. The most difficult part of the install was the first step, removing the clamp near the back of the intake hose. The bolt on the clamp can be facing an inconvenient direction. I ended up using a socket wrench with an 8mm hex driver attachment in order to reach the bolt.

The next tricky part was pulling off the oem intake. The best method to pull off the oem intake would be to hold the rear part of the intake and pull up and towards yourself.

You can see the 2 of the 3 rubber grommets that the intake is seated on in this picture. I already placed the Neuspeed Heatshield onto the rubber grommet. The third grommet is under the small breather filter in the picture:

On step 12 of the Neuspeed instructions they tell you to tighten this M6x30mm bolt but don't list what tool to use. You should use a 10mm hex driver. Fuck using a wrench on that part.

Here's how my engine bay looks with my Neuspeed P-Flo intake and my Neuspeed Power Module tucked into my battery box. I haven't quite figured out where to place the power module yet :/

I'll try and figure out how to post some sound clips soon.

Last edited:

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Here's a sound clip of the p-flo intake. It sounds pretty damn good to me. The engine is definitely still pretty quiet when driving normally however you finally get some woosh noises from the Pflo intake which never happened with the oem intake. All in all I am very satisfied with my purchase and would definitely recommend the intake as a necessary upgrade if you are tuned or have a power module installed. The car runs so much better with the Pflo intake compared to the oem air box.

https://youtu.be/9_VQEkozrSY

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
After driving another 100 miles with the Neuspeed intake and power module, I must say those two mods completely change the responsiveness and power of the 1.8T motor. Throttle response is so much better with the intake. I cant believe anyone drives the 1.8T around in stock mode。

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Nice! Glad you're enjoying it. Did you look at the JB1 at all? If so, what made you pick the neuspeed over it?

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Nice! Glad you're enjoying it. Did you look at the JB1 at all? If so, what made you pick the neuspeed over it?

I chose the Neuspeed Power Module because I am familiar with the brand, they are local to me, and I got a great deal on my NPM. I read that JB1 is popular with the bmw crowd however I just have no experience with the brand. I have used Neuspeed products on my mk6 GTi and had a great experience with their products and customer service so I choose to continue to support the brand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I plan on purchasing either a 25mm or 27mm Neuspeed Rear Sway bar within the next couple of weeks but can't decide which one to get. I've been trying to get a good feel for my car still and so far enjoying the oem s3 suspension on my car. My favorite road to drive is my local tougé, Glendora Mountain Road.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight I stopped by Pep Boys for some torx bits to remove my front license plate. The car looks so much better without the front plate. It's illegal to not have a front plate in California but as long as you aren't caught driving aggressively the cops won't give you a hard time in my personal experience.