GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 P34 Intake

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
Has anyone had any issues with the plastic's integrity over time? Mine has developed a lot of cracks on bolt holes and the seam where it connects to the tube.

I'm really not happy with this so far. It's quite brittle and thin plastic.

Anyone else?

Misslauren82

Ready to race!
I'll check mine out. Pretty sure it's fine though when I looked a few weeks ago.

But no Arizona heat in New England. : )

Pingers

Ready to race!
Did you bring this up in the Intake thread as well? I feel like I've heard someone else echo this, but I'm not sure if it was you originally.

Go back to the stock top; pick up an APR inlet hose; keep the drop in filter from the P34. Or possibly contact 034 Motorsports to see if they'll replace your P34

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
I don't think I did. Haha I'll look again.

I ended up with a forge Intake that I'm digging now, but this is utterly useless to me now.

Misslauren82

Ready to race!
Yep - I've also developed a couple small hairline cracks around 2 of the screw holes (the two at the back of the box under the pipe)

The rest of the box looks fine - but disappointing to say the least.

Will e-mail 034 and see what they say.

Update:

I've taken the lid off and inspected the underside - the cracks are not intruding into the air box (yet) so it's just cosmetic at the moment - but will still see what 034 says.

Last edited:

Misslauren82

Ready to race!
So I reinstalled my stock intake top and the car seems to be running much better.

I think the 034 wasn't making a good seal with the box or something.

Anyways I think i'm going to leave it be - expensive lesson learned. : )

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
So I reinstalled my stock intake top and the car seems to be running much better.

I think the 034 wasn't making a good seal with the box or something.

Anyways I think i'm going to leave it be - expensive lesson learned. : )

Interesting, it must have been. Are you tuned at all?

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
This is a disappointing read, that intake was at the top of my list. I'll be interested to hear what 034's response is.

Bawlti

Ready to race!
I've seen the sai port snap off of two of those as well.
I'm one of them. The composite airbox lid feels really cheap, even when it was brand new. Since then I switched to the Integrated Engineering open intake (290$) and I love it: