GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
The 18x9" ET42 VS-5RS Preorder Sale has been officially extended!

With the first production run of our new 18x9" ET42 VS-5RS VW/Audi wheels expected to arrive at our warehouse around late July/early August, we have decided to extend the 10% preorder discount until the end of the month. So far, we have gotten quite a few preorders locked-in over the 4th of July Holiday, so you will need to act fast to ensure you get your preferred finish selection before they sell out!

As always, if anyone has any fitment or technical questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!

-Geirsen

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
How have everyone's flow formed SM10s been holding up? I just bent 2 of my Neuspeeds after maybe 8k miles of driving. I see that these are about the same price and am thinking about picking up a set like I probably should have in the first place.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
How have everyone's flow formed SM10s been holding up? I just bent 2 of my Neuspeeds after maybe 8k miles of driving. I see that these are about the same price and am thinking about picking up a set like I probably should have in the first place.
They're solid. Good replacement policy too - half off for all 4, no questions asked.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Running 17s, but man I've hit some pretty harsh people's and raised concrete slabs on bridges & I thought for sure one is bent, but nope

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
How about with a 245/40 tire?

That will depend on your specific tire selection. In most cases, with a street Summer performance tire compound, that'll be a direct fit on a stock car. However more aggressive tire compounds that run wider in the shoulders may require a "fender screw mod" to ensure no rubbing occurs under suspension compression. This mod takes all of 10 minutes and there are plenty of DIY guides floating around the forums that you can reference.

-Geirsen

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Running 245/40/18 Pilot AS4s and did do the fender screw mod. Not hearing any rubbing sounds, but I'll check to make sure they are not still contacting the fender.

Johaan

Ready to race!
Fairly well, still loving mine after almost two years. While more folks in my area are getting them, I've yet to see a set in the wild... recommend them when I can.

That said, I literally just found a finish issue on one of mine. Had what looked like a paint bubble on the inside spoke flake off when I rubbed it. Its counter to the wheel spin so unlikely to be a road debris strike, but anything is possible.

Does Apex have anthracite touchup paint or has anyone had luck with a paint match elsewhere like Duplicolor? I want just close enough to hide the new chip spot on it, a nail polish type applicator would work well in this case.