GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

FS: Eds Retrofits

I just got rid of my gti and have a set of Eds retrofits for sale. These are in nice shape and in the time I owned them never had any issue with condensation. One of the ballasts is flaky so they will need a set of ballasts. I was going to pop for set of Morimoto ballasts but then decided to...
  2. N

FS: St.Louis - Eds retrofit HID's

Delete Decided to hold on to my headlights for now.
  3. N

Audi S3 is awesome

I got a fairly long solo test drive in a cpo 2016 S3 this afternoon. I have owned two v6 bi- turbo S4's in the past and was interested in how the cars power stacked up and also how it would feel compared to my stock gti pp. Man I have to say it was quite impressive. I have not had the chance to...
  4. N

Honda Civic R

My son put his $5k down on a type R a few months back. It will be interesting to see what it's like to drive. Oh yeah , not the PRE edition just the regular level of crazy wing, air dam, and extreme body kit.
  5. N

What's the most EFFED UP movie that you've seen?

One movie that sticks in my head is Event Horizon. Its an unsettling mix of sci-fi and horror. It is one of those movies you watch and then think "wow, I wish I hadn't watched that! " . Another couple of movies worth mentioning are Videodrome from 1983, and another movie called Existenz...
  6. N

2016 GTI PP 6MT cutting out today

17k miles, no engine mods. I have owned the car since new and had a 2015 gti wDSG and 22k miles prior to the 2016 car and never had a bit of trouble with 2015 and the 2016 has been great .... up until today. The problem occurs during harder acceleration. Not WOT acceleration, but seemed to...
  7. N

Ice covered roads tonight in St Louis

Wow, I have lived in the area for over 50 years and tonight's icy road situation is one of the worst I have seen as far as widespread highway gridlock. I drove the gti today thinking I would be home before the weather set in. No such luck unfortunately. I took a number of back roads to avoid...
  8. N

What did you do to your mk7 today?

What kind of fixing mechanism does the stock mk7 VW knob use? Does the BFI slip on and use a set screw to fix it in place? Looks nice.
  9. N

New 2016 gti nav data won't load

Just bought a new 2016 gti, when I took delivery the car didn't have the nav data sd pack in the glove box. The dealership was able to find a 2015/2016 gti sd card, but the data does not seem to load. I have tried two different cards from two different 2016 autobahns, but no luck with either...
  10. N

Mk7 gti Cup kits?

Anyone running the B8 bilsteins sport dampers with performance springs on their mk7 gti? Not interested in coilovers, just a nicely matched cup kit. I have seen the Fsd koni kits but looking for a firmer sport set up. I have been a vw guy since the mid 70's when my parents bought a new 75...
  11. N

Double post delete

Ugh..double post. Please delete..
  12. N

Interesting run yesterday

I had one of those opportunities to validate my stock 2015 gti's performance yesterday. I was on the interstate and ran across a mid 2000's sti. As a past wrx and fxt owner I am pretty good at identifying the year of the car but this one had the front clip off the car. I didn't get a good look...
  13. N

What is your occupation?

Currently Playing with Trains. AVP Product Development - Communications Network Solutions for the Rail Industry specializing in Positive Train Control Communications Systems. Prior to my current job -35 years in Telecommunications Operations and Engineering services for local and long...
  14. N

Lucky #7

Closed a deal on a new MK7 Autobahn on Monday. Nice end of the month deal.I haven't had a red car for a while, but the red with Black accents and roof looks pretty decent so I pulled the trigger. This MK7 is my 7th GTI and 16th VW which included a MKIV R32 as well as the GTI's. My last...
  15. N

Nissan Skyline

Just got a glimpse of a new Nissan Skyline on a car carrier headed to some lucky individual. Its the first one I have personally seen and it looked pretty mean with its twin nasa type hood ducts staring straight off the back of the truck carrier. I love German cars, but having owned a few...