GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

New tyre questions

I've currently got 4 Michelen Cross Climate 1st generation tyres in my mk7 Golf 1.4TSI. The front two tyres are at about 2mm tread and the rear about 5-6mm tread and look in good condition. I thought about replacing the front two with the same tyre but the 1st generation is no longer...
  2. D

Replacing heater matrix caused coolant temp to drop when heating turned on

Actual gauge does drop but only when put on very high heat combined with high blower fan setting. But I checked my wife's Audi A4 1.4 TFSI which behaves similarly under the same conditions.
  3. D

Struggling to get cd player fully in when reinstalling

Trying to reinstall the cd player after dropping out the glove box. It stops about half an inch short of where it is supposed to be and won't budge. Anyone got any ideas?
  4. D

Replacing heater matrix caused coolant temp to drop when heating turned on

Replaced the heater matrix in my mark 7 1.4tsi yesterday and heating is now piping hot. But now when I turn on the heating, the coolant temp drops, especially at idle. So I graphed the temp using OBD11 on a 20 minute long drive. The drops below 90 are where I turn the heater on and the drop to...
  5. D

Another poor heating in cabin thread

Car details: 1.4tsi Bluemotion tech SE, manufactured in 2013. Problem: lukewarm heat in cabin. Needs a fairly long drive to achieve this and giving it high revs marginally improve the situation. What have I tried already?: Replacement thermostat and water pump (as part of timing belt change)...
  6. D

VW MK7 GOLF Cooling issues

Did you replace the N82 coolant shut-off valve in your daughter's Golf? If so, did it solve the problem?
  7. D

Updating soft/firmware for MIB1

No known issues, just wanted to know if any update is available and if so, what is the purpose of the update.
  8. D

Updating soft/firmware for MIB1

I have a MIB1 in my mk7 and unlike for MIB2, there doesn't seem to be much info on updates to software and firmware for it. Is there an update available for my MIB1 (details in attached pictures)? If so, does the update do much? Can I download the firmware/software or do I have to go to the...