GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DangerDane2008

MK7 TDI GSW eating ac compressors?

Yesterday I had AC. Today I don’t. This has been an on going problem I’ve had to deal with on this car every year that I’ve had it. If it’s the compressor… This will be the 4th one that it’s needed. Theres clearly and underlying issue that’s causing my car to eat compressors and I’m not sure...
  2. DangerDane2008

Swapped PP rear onto GSW TDI - sponge peddle

Swapped GTI PP rear calipers into my GSW. I have perma sponge peddle to the floor. I’ve tried two different sets of calipers, and a new master cylinder. Peddle is spongey all the way to the floor, but comes back after one or two pushes. The brakes engage even with sponge peddle. Gone through an...
  3. DangerDane2008

Swapped rear GTI PP brakes can’t get good peddle

I’ve tried gravity bleeding and I’ve tried using a pressure setup. No matter what I do I can’t get good peddle. Soft all the way down. What am I doing wrong?
  4. DangerDane2008

WTB MK7 GTI LP grille

In good shape. Non oem is fine
  5. DangerDane2008

Wagons on air

Have an airlift setup coming for my GSW. Need some inspiration and some wheel and tire specs. I’m going to be running my stock beetle wheels for now. But will want something else soonish. CCVs were going to be my first choice but they’re discontinued.
  6. DangerDane2008

Dane’s 15 GSW TDI - R line bumper, wheels, rear brakes, MIB2, LEDs etc

Bought the car back in Dec 2019. A SE with fender and a pano roof. Car was lowered on EMD springs, bald tires and a cracked wheel. Eventually swapped out to a Bilstein B8 and Eibach pro combo. And found a set of austins November 2020 Took a little road trip to Kentucky from Atlanta to pick...
  7. DangerDane2008

Air coming out of vents stink

I kept smelling something bad in my car, but realized just now it’s coming out of my air vents. Carbon/charcoal cabin Filter is only a couple months old. So it’s not likely that. It doesn’t smell like something is dead. But I can’t really describe it other than it just smells bad.
  8. DangerDane2008

SE Sportwagen Seats

Front and rear SE seats out of my 2015 Sportwagen. I’ll entertain any reasonable offer. Just come pick them up. Covington GA 30014
  9. DangerDane2008

WTB MK7 golf Sportwagen tail light assembly

Need inner and outer
  10. DangerDane2008

Swapped GTI seats into GSW, what did I do wrong?

Hey all. I put gti seats in my GSW. Everything plugged in fine and everything works. But for some reason I can’t get to the back left bolt of the passenger seat. The passenger side doesn’t move up as far as the driver’s - not allowing me access to the bolt. It’s hand tight for now. The front to...
  11. DangerDane2008

Black wheels with machines faces?

Doesn’t seem to be too many options. I liked my Austins on my Sportwagen but they were in terrible shape so I got rid of them. BBS has a set that I think look pretty good. I’ll likely never find a set of belvederes. Any other options for me out there?
  12. DangerDane2008

15 GSW Pano Seal Replacement

When I bought my GSW the guy I bought it from said the sunroof seal was messed up, he had tape over it and it’s never been an issue. in all the time it took to buy the car - a month or so - and going back and forth with two banks… I had completely forgot about him saying that. Well 3 years later...
  13. DangerDane2008

Swapping to MIB2 + future Digital cluster

I’m doing an MIB2 swap into my 2015 GSW. Im using a non nav computer - 3Q0035844 - and an 8” matte screen. Question is - does the brain matter for doing digital cluster swap in the future, or will any MIB2 work? Or does having or not having MIB2 even matter?
  14. DangerDane2008

OEM GTI/GTD seat covering PN

Does anybody have the PN for the OEM seat covering for plaid GTI MK7? Bought a full set of front and rear seats to swap into my GSW but the front driver has a small tear on the bolstering, and I can’t seam to find a PN for the oem covering. I’ve also thrown around the idea of converting to GTD...
  15. DangerDane2008

Car is my DD & no garage. Can I ceramic coat?

Gonna be doing my first paint correction soon. And I would like to ceramic coat it. But everything I’ve seen says I would have to keep the car in a garage for a couple days before I can drive it. But I don’t have a garage, and my car is my only driver. On top of that l be doing the correction at...
  16. DangerDane2008

Easiest way to swap GTI seats into GSW?

What’s the easiest/safest way to swap seats in and out of our cars? I’m a pretty little fella and I’m a little worried about knocking the shit out of a pillar or door sill.
  17. DangerDane2008

Change brake & signal operation via OBD11

Swapped all my bulbs to LED with amber turn signal on my 15 GSW. I want to change how the lights operate. I’ve found a video of exactly how I want all the lights to work - but the documents the poster linked are not available anymore. Does anybody have a write up for this? This is what I...
  18. DangerDane2008

Want to go to MK7.5 wagon tail lights. Says for RHD only?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/genuine-OEM-LED-tail-lights-pair-tinted-VW-Golf-Mk7-Mk7-5-GTI-R-Estate-RHD-17-20-/144007709418?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0 Any reason why these wouldn’t work on my USA 15 GSW? Specifically says for RHD vehicles only. being...
  19. DangerDane2008

EMD springs + leveling spacers sportwagen

PO had them on for a couple months. EMD states they’re not for TDI. When I bought the car I swapped them out for Eibach pros. Sells for $280. Selling for $150 obo + shipping.
  20. DangerDane2008

SOLD NIB front set Bilstein B8 MK7 Sportwagen

Brand new, never mounted, 0 miles. Bought For my MK7 GSW TDI. Part number 35-229902. Sell for $225 each. Selling the set for $350 obo + shipping.