GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Haldex and OBD11

Hi all excuse me if this is in the wrong section only I can’t seem to find any info regarding the matter. Long story short I had Haldex issues. Caused by a faulty pump, ( pump values were sometimes good and sometimes bad) No codes either. Anyway pump changed and primed and all good with new...
  2. G

Mk8 & mk7 R paddle shifters retrofit

Hi all just a quick one here. I have done some research but nothing found so thought I’d fire the question here. Basically has anyone got any knowledge on if the mk8 golf R paddle shifters will fit the mk7 R steering wheel. I’m a sucker for an OEM + upgrade and feel they would be a good fit...
  3. G

034 street density mounts. Mk7R

Hi all just seeing if anyone would recommend these 034 engine and trans mounts as I can get them for a good price. I have seen a few posts but very 50/50 I’m sure there are many people running them with no issues, as you only tend to hear about the failures and not the success. I only want to...
  4. G

Mk7.5 R different coilover options

Hi guys as above I’m just seeing if anybody has tried these coilovers as I have always used Eibach products or forge for many years on various cars. I do like to be a bit different as apposed to the usual Bilstein (had a bad personal experience with them) and KW they may be great but I’m sure...
  5. G

Power flex front wishbone rear bush

Hi all, Has anyone installed the powerflex front wishbone rear bush, it looks to be a caster adding bush but when talking to powerflex it’s designed to maintain your geometry when under load. Has anyone encountered any issues when installing. many pro’s or con’s many thanks
  6. G

Bilstein B14 knocking after install

Hi all I hope you could all help me out here as I’m out of ideas. I’ve purchased some new Bilstein B14 coilovers along with many other new parts poly bushes, deadset kit ect. the only parts I’ve installed is the B14 coilovers with new Febi top mounts and bearings and meyle Heavy duty drop links...
  7. G

Bilstein Evo S coilovers

Hi all not sure if everyone is aware I was told Bilstein are no longer producing the B14 coilovers and it has been replaced by the EVO S range seeing as there is not much out there about these. They have been out around a year and a half or so. Has any body go a set in that could help sway...
  8. G

Eurosport top mount camber pucks

Hi all has anybody had any experience with these. States to add another .8 degrees. will these be worthwhile doing when the coilovers ect go on? many thanks.
  9. G

Golf r front wishbone rear bush (powerflex)

Hi all I’m having a slight issue here and was just seeing if you all could help. I have purchased the powerflex bushes for the front wishbones, now the front arm rear bush PFF85-802 purple (the bigger one) I’ve been sent (which they class as a like for like) has a off set hole in the sleeve...
  10. G

Mk7.5 R alignment spec’s please

Hi all as above I’m just seeing if anybody could tell me if they know the OEM legit alignment specs from VW I’m in 2 minds to order the Eurosport fixed camber kit adding an additional .8 degrees to the setup. It’s tracked once or twice a year, mainly hard b road driving. Many thanks.
  11. G

OEM suspension going to Coilovers

As stated I will be going to coilovers, I only had one question. On the OEM setup when pushing on around a nice corner I understand the suspension will be loaded, for example, the car hits a pot hole or drain cover or bump the car kind of skips acts skittish for a split second. will this be...
  12. G

Audi A3 8V alu subframe bolts.

Hi all I have purchased a used aluminum front subframe and just wanted to know if there was a difference in the bolts between the 2 subframes if possible any part numbers or bolt length many thanks all.
  13. G

Power flex bushes

Hi all I’ll keep it short and sweet. Looking to add the powerflex bushes to my mk7.5 R is the purple bushes worth it over OEM bushes as they say slightly stiffer than OEM or is the black series the one to go for. It’s a daily and don’t mind NVH, I have come from a range of different Honda’s that...
  14. G

Poly bushings

Hi all, has anybody come across a kit that has all the bushes needed. For the likes of powerflex do a handling kit but most of the rear end bushes are left out and can’t see this as a handling kit also have to order them separate. There is a company called PSB bushes and are relatively cheaper...
  15. G

What coilovers for OEM height

Hi all I’ve been looking in to a set of coilovers that will let me keep OEM height and allows me to set up the bump/rebound ect ect. From my research so far it’s only Ohlins that let you run stock height but they come with a price, most like kw, Bilstein and so on give you an instant 10mm to...
  16. G

Bilstein B6 shocks on OEM springs?

Hi there, I’ll cut to the chase. I’m not wanting to lower the vehicle but I want to see if anyone has any personal experiences with the Bilstein shocks B6 on OEM springs as they class it as a slight upgrade than the stock units or bilstein B4 (classed as std replacement) many thanks
  17. G

Stage 1 then intercooler?

Hi all just a random question as I’ve been getting mixed reviews. My question is my car is stage 1 already and I was asking if you can add an uprated intercooler? Seeing as it’s hardware and some reduce the strain on the turbo, it just lowers boost temps on long runs, so would this needed to be...
  18. G

Mk7R catch can

Hi all, is there such a thing where you can actually buy a decent catch can set up without having to loose the washer bottle and buy relocation kits. Only asking as I like the bay looking stock and don't really want to get rid of the top portion. The likes of forge and racing line, bartek ect...
  19. G

Reverse cam types low/highline

Hi al again, I have been given a RVC cam by a friend and he can’t remember if it’s a low or a high line cam, now I’ve done a bit of research and spoke to a few people and there is no pattern to any of the part numbers, so I dont know if they are interchangeable, I’ve already purchased the low...
  20. G

Rear flip reverse camera

Hi all I just wanted to see if anybody has retrofitted the genuine flip RVC camera. I have been given a genuine lowline flip camera from a friend breaking his car for parts. Now I’m assuming all I need to do is buy the genuine loom for the lowline cam? Then of course get it coded with my...