GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

It’s been real

Wanted to take a minute and give ya’ll a proper goodbye — thanks for being great comrades in this forum and on the streets! Traded in my ‘16 R after 40K miles, ready for something new. Going to miss my buddy though — great times with it! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. G

2016 Golf R [Bay Area] (MT | Stock | 36,000 | $28,000)

Selling my 2016 Golf R with manual transmission + dcc & navi, with 36,000 miles. The car is in excellent condition, was never tuned and was always serviced at the dealer (records available). If you have questions please reach out! Sorry, didn't take any professional looking pictures, but can...
  3. G

Best place to sell my R

My dear comrades, I’ve had the utmost honor of driving my 2016 Stick R for the past 3 years and boy do I love this car. That said, it’s time for me to try something new and I’ll be parting away with this bad boy after 36,000 miles. Do you have any recommendations for how to go about selling...
  4. G

Best way to sell your R

Hi fam, I usually do not keep a car past warranty expiration. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love my R, but for me, youth is too short to drive just one car. I’m about at 24K right now and will probably sell it at around 36-40K. I am wondering what is the best way to do it when the time...
  5. G

Taking it in to get it checked out, anyone seen this?

The car is dead stock. 24K miles. All services done at the dealer. Corner lights do not work on either side. Anyone know an easy fix? Clues? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. G

Headlight Question (06 beetle)

Hey VW fam, First off, happy new year to you all. May your drive be safe and smooth this year! I’ll get right to it. My sister has an 06 beetle, and the headlights are really weak. When I’m driving her car I can’t see anything at night. I am wondering if there is a plug&play option for...
  7. G

iOS Music Connection / Playback problems

Hey all, Lately I have been having some issues with playing my phone music in my car. I had disabled CarPlay a long time ago because I found it not useful at all, since the two screens are mirrored. But I was fine just listening to music via bluetooth. I dont know if this is the latest iOS...
  8. G

Depreciation Curves

Hey y'all. I am trying to do a depreciation analysis on Golf R (and why not for all vehicles), but I'm having a hard time getting some data regarding how cars actually depreciate. 1) of course, each car depreciates in different curves (based on make, model, mileage, etc), but there has got to...
  9. G

California Trade In / Upgrade Tax Breaks (is there a good way?)

My Golf R is the first vehicle I've purchased. All the previous ones were leased. I now realize the huge disadvantage of buying vs leasing a car in California, since as far as I can tell even if you trade in after 2 years for a newer model, you end up paying full tax on both of the vehicles...
  10. G

Manual Transmission Shifting Issue

Hi friends, I have noticed this weird thing happening with my car. I don't know if it is something that is expected with a stock clutch or if I am doing something wrong (or perhaps there is a defect). I have a 2016 Golf R w/DCC, Manual Transmission, all stock. When I launch the car from 0 and...
  11. G

Does the R 6MT have electronic parking brake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. G

Tire Chains, Cables, Socks, Spikes - Occasional Snow

Hey fam, tried doing a bit of searching but could not find any posts about this. I live in Cali, so usually I am pretty good and do not need to deal with snow. But every winter, I like to go snowboarding maybe 5 - 10 times. Once in a while, chains / cables / some kind of extra sock is required...
  13. G

Safe Tunes / Worth it or not?

Hey guys, I have pretty much a brand new R, and I've been reading about tunes all over the place. I've been seeing people say good things about JB1, and I have a few questions.. 1) what exactly does it do? 2) can a noob such as myself install it? 3) could it in any way hurt my car 4) could it...
  14. G

Curb Tire / Rim Damage

Hey everyone, yesterday was a pretty sad day. I drove over a curb on the parking lot and damaged both of my tires / rims on the right side. Pretty bad damage, had to replace both tires, rims are ok but scratched up. I was surprised by how expensive my tires were. Everyone was quoting me $250+...
  15. G

Headlight Color Upgrade

Hey there, I have been wanting to upgrade the color of the headlights (I think OEM is 4300K) to something like 6000K. Has anyone done this on an 2016 R? 1. Do I just need simple D3S Bulbs? I saw some on amazon for $30. 2. Is it easy to replace? With the moving eyes of the R I don't know if it...
  16. G

Premium Audio: Fender vs ...?

Hey there VW fans! I was an owner of a 2013 VW Passat SE, and one thing that was absolutely unbeatable about this car was the audio system. I mean you could get in a freaking 7 series or an S class and it would still be better. I never found out what the brand or the stereo system was...
  17. G

Modes: comfort, normal, race!

Is there a comprehensive list of things that change between modes? Besides engine sounding louder on race? [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]
  18. G

Just got a '16 Golf R (Manual)

Hi Mk7 folks, I purchased a 2016 Gold R (Blue), stick shift, everything stock! I'm loving the car so far, but I'm pretty new to sports cars and have no idea about what most words means here such as (getting a new clutch...why? It's a brand new car... Or intercooler for sale..) Would someone...