GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Gray_Panther

Help - can’t get three screws off top of front suspension

I have the front strut off the knuckle successfully and all that remains are the three screws on top. I was able to get one of them off but the other two have the nuts spinning underneath!!! I been at it for over two hours trying to get two screws off and I can’t find a way to get them off...
  2. Gray_Panther

Finger Lakes Runs

Hey, Any interest in doing runs and meet ups for the people around the finger lakes? I see there is activity just outside of NYC, but with the start times being so early it is hard for me to make it. The drives are beautiful around the lakes with great views and scenery. And was hoping there...
  3. Gray_Panther

Brand new OEM GTI springs

Placeholder for part numbers and pictures. originally bought from a guy doing a full suspension refresh using Bilstein B6’s but I went ahead and switched them out for HR OE sport springs. I will include the rear pads as well since I will be using TTS pads. Looking for 115 shipped. The previous...
  4. Gray_Panther

6 year review and potential rust areas

Hey fellow vdubbers! Finally got around to putting on the winter setup and wanted to take off the fender lining (T25 screws) and see the status on the body after six years of upstate NY winters. Starting in the rear, VW did a great job with using their wax gum coating thingy they use that runs...
  5. Gray_Panther

Hatch is leaking water - Hopefully fixed

I am getting water ingress from somewhere in the hatch again. Last time I found that my tail lights were not tightened down from the factory. So i am starting a journal thread to show my steps to find the leak in case someone needs to reference this for similar problems.
  6. Gray_Panther

1L of DSG Fluid - Free + Shipping

FCPEuro sent me the wrong bottle, and they don't want it returned to them. Their loss, your gain. P/N is G 055 529 A2 First come first served, just pay shipping. I also have some leftover detailing bottles I can throw in the box too: Dodo juice prime lite - 90% left. Black Diamond paint...
  7. Gray_Panther

FS - 2015-2017 MK7 Stock Muffler SOLD

I bought CSS muffler and no longer need stock muffler. The exhaust tips are shiny and like new after 50k miles of use. I would use metal polish every 2-3k miles to keep the chrome tips looking fresh. Located in Upstate NY but willing to drive a couple hours. Also willing to ship, the agreed...
  8. Gray_Panther

Spare donut for GTI/GLI Upstate NY - $150 OBO

18” spare donut unused and located in Rochester NY
  9. Gray_Panther

Pair of Austin wheels - $230 OBO

I am selling a pair of Austin wheels in good condition for $130 for each. $230 for both. Wheels do not have bends, but both have minor curb rash. I will post pictures when I can, either today or tomorrow. Located in Rochester, can ship but at buyers expense. Pm me if you want a shipping quote.
  10. Gray_Panther

Installed my CSS muffler (tips and tricks)

I took 1.5 hours, from set up to clean up, to install the CSS muffler I picked up from fedex. I just wanted to post a little walkthrough hoping someone can learn something. Tools used are: Long but not thick flat head screwdriver WD40 Dewalt saw 13mm hex and extension Shoplight Fluid film...
  11. Gray_Panther

Sell GTI 2 door to get E39 540i/M5?

Like the title states, I have been throwing around 3 scenarios in my head where both involve selling my GTI for an older 5-series. I one debt (mortgage), one child, one wife, and a 128i. I want to apply for graduate school soon which either I will pay my own way or have assistance for the...
  12. Gray_Panther

Pchop Request

Hey guys, looking to plasti dip my winter wheels since I hate compounding all the orange off by hand after every winter. can someone photoshop my wheels into a different color? Looking at either black, red or blue.
  13. Gray_Panther

Please Delete

Please Delete
  14. Gray_Panther

Seiko SRPD51K2/SRPD87 Blue Dial Blue Nato SOLD!!!

For sale is a catch and release. I purchased the watch online because I liked the look of it in pictures, but it is too small for my style once I had it in my possession. The watch is a stunner especially with the blue dial and bezel! Asking at or around $190 shipped SOLD. The watch is in...
  15. Gray_Panther

Rear VW symbol hatch opener w/ rearview camera SOLD!

Fully functional hatch opener with rearview camera assembly. $165 shipped OBO SOLD for $150 Pulled from a Golf R but works and is plug-n-play with GTI and Golf. I tested the functionality on my GTI. Selling because I bought this one thinking my unit was defective, but the wiring on my GTI was...
  16. Gray_Panther

Water in hatch fix, rearview camera fix, hatch won't open fix

For a few years water has been getting into the hatch, I took it to VW while it was still under warranty and they replaced the hatch seal. I must have not used the hatch because water was still getting in and y the time I recognized it I was out of warranty. A few months later the hatch no...
  17. Gray_Panther

ParkPilot rear view camera not available fix?

I been doing some searching since for about a week now I have not been able to use the rear camera when reversing. But the results I found were generally inconclusive. Some say to replace a module, others say the head unit needs to be recoded. Was there an official answer to fix the issue?
  18. Gray_Panther

BMW X3 2007 1 step correction

Hi All, While my parents went to Disney for their anniversary, I thought it would be nice to detail my dad's X3 that sorely needed some attention. I wanted it looking as new as possible for my wedding coming up in September and to show his siblings that are coming over from Greece that he...
  19. Gray_Panther

OBD11 and Android Compatible Phone

Up for sale is OBD11 with Android phone Asking $80 OBO Plug and play.
  20. Gray_Panther

DC cherry blossoms advice

Hey I will be heading down to DC for a long weekend and wanted to check out the cherry blossoms and take some snaps with the car. Is Tidal Basin a good place to check out? Better to go early in the morning? Any spots for cars to take some scenic pictures?