GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Anyone else due a contract renewal?

In June this year my Hire contract is up and I plan on giving the car back to VW. My question is who else is considering getting another mk7 when their contract is due to end? I have been looking at BMW 3 series and Audi A3/5 but the Golf is still winning me over and even more so now seems you...
  2. T

Check your clock after 1st service

My car went in for its first service last week, only today I noticed that my clock is some 30 mins late....which almost made me late for an important meeting! Not sure why the time in my car was changed/late but its not really a good show by VW. That's just one of many things I'm not too happy...
  3. T

Car doesn't want to start

Well today for the first time ever I had trouble starting my car, it eventually started after 2 attempts but didn't seem to idle correctly at all and the revs were dropping to the point it sounded like it wanted to cut out and then suddenly coming back up to normal idle level. I took it for a...
  4. T

Dealer is telling me my car has a recall

When I booked my service I was told the system was showing there is a recall for my car and that they would do the work on the same day that I have my full service done. Anyone have any idea what this is? I have the 1.6TDI with the 7 speed DSG gearbox, I have entered both my reg and vin number...
  5. T

Headlight bulb trouble

Today when changing the passenger side bulb I managed to drop the old bulb down into the engine... The bulb was some how loose when I was taking the headlight bulb out of the headlight its self, and dropped directly below the headlight onto some sort of protection tray :@ My question is now...
  6. T

DRL/Dipped headlight upgrade (Halogen)

My left DRL has died and I have been thinking of upgrading my headlight bulbs for some time, I find the OEM bulbs are not that great and I know that there are much brighter alternatives out there. Winter is also on the horizon so now seems to be a good time to upgrade the lights. I would be...
  7. T

DAB/FM Radio signal

I have the 1.6 SE with the standard touch screen radio. Recently the last month or so I get days on end where I can't pick up anything on the FM or DAB radio. Has anyone else had this type of problem? If so how did you fix it?
  8. T

Has anyone sold their mk7 yet?

I'm thinking of selling my SE 1.6TDI in exchange for the GTI/R model. How easy should it be to shift the car? Its 10 months old and has 11,000 miles on the clock so far, pearl black paint and its also the DSG auto. Part exchange is not an option because I no longer owe any money on the car so...
  9. T

A bit concerned about my paint

I washed my car yesterday as usual with a high quality car soap, I didn't bother to do any hand drying as this was just a quick wash. While getting into my car this morning I noticed a big bubble about the size of a crisp packet right in the center of my roof, I pealed this off and it looked...
  10. T

Car GPS tracker

If anyone is interested here is a good and cheap car GPS tracker: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003XDN58K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B003XDN58K&linkCode=as2&tag=utf8a-21 Not everyone's cup of tea but I'm sure it will appeal to some of you out there who...
  11. T

Wing mirrors

Does anyone know where I can get a mk7 wing mirror back casing from? Some idiot driver has cracked the back casing today and drove off leaving me high and dry! Thankfully I had my dash camera installed so I have it all on video and the police have now launched an "investigation" as the driver...
  12. T

continental premium contact 5

Would anyone who has done around 12,000 miles be able to tell me how much thread they have left on their front tyres? My car has the Continental Premium Contact 5 tyres and I only have 1.8mm of depth left on them.... I'm not the most economical driver and do use moderate acceleration when...
  13. T

Rear view mirror

Does anyone have any idea what the button is for under the rear view mirror? Its located under the mirror in the very center.
  14. T

Spring/summer detailing

So spring is finally here, and its almost time for me to give my car a full once over ready for the summer. What will everyone be doing/using? Here is my plan of action: (I just detail my car for protection of paintwork and ease of washing) step 1 will be a very long wash, getting into all...
  15. T

Anyone fitted a dash cam or other electronic device?

As the title says, has anyone fitted any sort of dash camera or electronic device that needs a constant power supply to the golf? I am kind of stuck as to how I'm going to route a cable for a dash camera that will need a 12v power supply. I don't want to use the centre console power supply nor...
  16. T

Windscreen scratches

I have noticed in the last few days when the sun is shining I can see fine scratches across my whole windscreen in the direction the wipers have been moving, anyone else notice this? Would also appreciate it if someone could give me any tips to try and help remove them? I have tried some...
  17. T

Golf MK7 North America

I'm looking for a bit of advise for a family member who lives in the US. He really likes the golf and is thinking about placing an order, I spent around 5 years living in the US and had huge problems with VW. I know that I'm not alone and the dealership I delt with also seemed fed up, the guy...
  18. T

Aerotwin wipers, not 100% fix?

I have been using the Aerotwin wipers now for a week or two, although they have fixed the smearing issue the drivers side wiper still jidders around towards the bottom and sometimes will make a noise if the rain is very light. Am I right in thinking that the new wiper arm will fix this? I will...
  19. T

Rear wiper also sucks

I decided to make this thread to see if anyone else has been having issues with the rear wiper. My wiper works fine for the first 3-4 swipes, but after that it always jidders and leaves a lot of water behind while making a very annoying sound. Anyone else have this sort of issue? I also have...
  20. T

Low coolant cause?

I was filling up my washers yesterday and while I was at it decided to check the levels of each compartment. I noticed that my coolant is just above the low mark, when I first had the car it was above maximum but from what I understand that is normal as it expands when it gets warm. Now my...