GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by TAZZ1

1. TAZZ1

Off the shelf (APR) Vs. Custom (TVS) tunes

I thought I'd share this video to show how faster a custom ecu+tcu combo can be compared to the typical off-the-shelf offering on the 7R. This is done purely for comparison purposes, no bashing intended. For those who have no access to custom tuning, OTS tunes remain a great bang for your buck...
  2. TAZZ1

Golf 7R AMS Intercooler review

I have not checked-in in a while. My car has been basically running an intake and catted downpipe as primary mods along with some secondary bits (as per sig.). All is dialed-in by custom ECU and TCU tunes from TVS Netherlands. Last week I have had the AMS intercooler installed. AMS are legends...
  3. TAZZ1

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Been away from both car and forum for more than a year. But sure feels good to be back! Things have changed since then so had to do a lot of reading and fiddling with the car to get both me and her in the loop lol. Considering my last mod it seemed fitting that I first post in this thread...
  4. TAZZ1

Golf 7R vs Audi RS7

2015 Golf 7R: stage 1 beta file, HJS catted dp and VWR catback, HG Intercooler, VWR intake. 2015 Audi RS7 stock: V8 bi-turbo 560bhp / 700Nm 1st gear roll: 7RpawfySgy4 Golf held up pretty well for the first 3 gears IMO
  5. TAZZ1

New Golf R500

Well that'll make the R400 look understated! That's the new project car which Oettinger plans to unveil at the Worthersee Treffen meet next week in Austria.... has the Audi five cylinder powerplant, and initial rumors say figures around 520hp and 680 Nm (501lbft) at the crank.... :)
  6. TAZZ1

Tested: Driver Motorsport Stage 1 beta file

I've had the occasion to test drive our local tuner's DSG Golf R with a Driver Motorsport beta file on. In a nutshell let's just say the car is a wild animal running on a cocktail of caffeine and ginseng :D But you probably guessed that. Compared to my car; Well I am really impressed by the...
  7. TAZZ1

MK7 R (DSG) Vs M3 E92 (DCT)

Start: rolling 1st gear Finish: 6th gear (around 230kph /144mph+) 7R mods: Oettinger tuning box + De-cat downpipe M3 mods: De-cat Enjoy :) H-lXzwvGoYM&feature=youtu.be
  8. TAZZ1

TAZZ's Golf R

The wait is finally over and I got a very special Christmas gift on Dec 24; It's a Lapiz Blue, 2 door with DSG; and has Panoramic Sunroof, DCC with drive mode selection; Rearview Camera; Cruise Control; Rear tinted windows; Keyless entry and starter; well and the loads of stuff that comes on...
  9. TAZZ1

MK7 GTI vs MK7 R

Done some acceleration measurements for 50-150 kph (31-93 mph) and 100-200 kph (62-124 mph) times. Runs were back to back in identical conditions; both cars stock and DSG (sorry crappy phone pics): MK7 GTI: MK7 R:
  10. TAZZ1

MK7R Acceleration: stock vs hardware vs software

So we did some acceleration measurements using the vbox (sorry for the crappy phone pics). We only did 50-150 kph (31-93 mph), and 100-200 kph (62-124 mph) runs as this particular stretch did not allow for LC from a stop. All runs were done back to back in the same conditions. Interestingly we...
  11. TAZZ1

MK7R stock Vs. MK7R Oettinger Tuning Box

As title says.... Results speak for themselves ;) Sorry for the low phone quality 5In2cJ82T3Y&feature=youtu.be&html5=1 Yes I know, I know racing is stupid etc...
  12. TAZZ1

MK6R vs MK7R

Well I got a chance to drive the new MK7R for a few miles of spirited runs, courtesy of our local tuner. Sorry this is not a race post, it's a pure comparison between the MK7 R and its predecessor which I have owned and loved for 4 years , sorry to bring your expectations down :D First off, the...
  13. TAZZ1

MK7 R ordered

Finally pulled the trigger on a 2015 MK7 R with these specs: - 3 doors - lapis blue - DSG - Panoramic sunroof - Rear view camera with front and rear park assist - DCC with driver profile selection - Keyless entry / start - Telephone prep Initial plans for tuning are software with a catless dp...
  14. TAZZ1

Upcoming Intake for the Golf 7 R :)

There is already an intake upcoming for the 7R :) That actual pic is from a development GTI but the Golf R has the same TSI engine (only internals are different), so fitment will be pretty much the same. The system uses a dry foam Pipercorss cone filter. It's a German company, HG Motorsport...
  15. TAZZ1

Golf 7 R Tuning - First Numbers are in!

It is quite early in the Golf 7 R lifespan, but German companies have started to offer these (numbers are at the crank): http://www.tmcmotorsport.com/TuningBoxDetails.aspx?s=968854411 http://www.chiptuning.com/shop/detail.html?manu=Volkswagen&model=Golf VII (AU) (2012-...)&motor=2.0 TSI R 300...