GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Shy Guy

1. Shy Guy

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

I needed some seat covers to keep the hot sun off my black leather seats. Found a solution to my problem! Ended up pulling the seats out to install them as that was just easier. Waiting for some custom patches to come in to put on the head rests. Now I want the plaid shift boot to match lol...
  2. Shy Guy

LED steering wheel with start/stop and drive mode buttons

Nah not yet. Just got in a front splitter, rear diffuser, and waiting on my spoiler. Once I get all that on, and get new wheels.. I can then focus on little things like steering wheels etc.
  3. Shy Guy

Automatic Window Closing when it rains (not working)

I saw there was the ability to code the windows to close when the car senses rain. I plugged in my ODBeleven and followed these steps: 6. Automatic rain closing Go into [09] Central Electronics Go into Secuity Access and enter 31347 Go to adaptation channels and set the following: - (15) Access...
  4. Shy Guy

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

ah, yeah I have the APR tune, I don't think that offers it. Edit: Just looked through the owners manual (my car didn't come with one so I had to download it) and see it is built in from the factory. Nice. Gonna have to play with that.
  5. Shy Guy

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Dumb question: Does my Mk7 have any sort of launch control? I am Stage 1 tuned but I don't think it has any.. just hit the gas to go at launch. If I hold the brake and press the throttle it just tries to power through it.
  6. Shy Guy

Hey man, do you still have the fusion360/CAD file for that key fob? thx!

Hey man, do you still have the fusion360/CAD file for that key fob? thx!
  7. Shy Guy

Tow Eye Cover Got Booped - Options?

found one on aliexpress for like $3. Hoping it fits well and the color is close enough. If not, OEM it is..
  8. Shy Guy

Tow Eye Cover Got Booped - Options?

mine is missing too. I've read the ebay ones don't fit very well. Only option besides finding one in a junk yard is buy OEM (~$35) and pick up a can of duplicolor Tornado red paint and some good clear coat. Thats the route I am going to have to take
  9. Shy Guy

hmm Is obd even fast enough to be accurate?
  10. Shy Guy

I see his use a bluetooth OBD module? I thought it got its data via canbus?
  11. Shy Guy

have a pic of your red CF wheel? I was curious if Id like a red one or not.
  12. Shy Guy

seems pretty straight forward, and probably very similar in the gti. thanks for this
  13. Shy Guy

Hmm. I need to look into those buttons. I’ve found the led wheel (very expensive) but those buttons should work with it then. I need to find a writeup how to install them. Thanks!
  14. Shy Guy

Does anyone make one of these LED steering wheels that use the start/stop button and the drive mode button for the Mk7? Does the canbus even support this on the wheel? I know the mk7.5 R does, but what about the standard Mk7?