GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Paul_W

1. P

ACC RESET ERROR after grill removal possible without dealer visit?

Not something you can do yourself as far as I'm aware but it might be worth checking out some independent places. I know a place near me here in the UK that do activations/retofits who can do acc calibration. Probably cheaper than a main dealer too
  2. P

Headlight Help

They should be legal since I had an email from VW themselves a while back offering these but the £1000 price put me off. Have you actually found somewhere that will supply RHD versions since the ones you have linked are for LHD cars?
  3. P

MIB2 Infotainment firmware update question

Could someone tell me, if I install an updated firmware from mibsolution.one A. Will my system still have Dynaudio available or would I need to seek out someone to re-code afterwards? B. Where do I get this congo & duke activator from?
  4. P

Frankly I'm beginning to see why people pay for this instead. Firstly the mibsolution download in painfully slow (100-300kB/sec). I can find nowhere whatsoever to download this congo & duke activator. Googling just brings up other solutions which either don't work with Delphi units, or require a...
  5. P

I just always assumed that it meant connecting to the car via the OBD port and as I don’t have a cable or software I never looked into it I went out earlier and made note of my current software versions SW train version MST2_EU_VW_P0223D SW MU version 0624 can anyone point me in the right...
  6. P

I'll have to do some searching/investigating then. I take it I'd have to source the specific files for my system. Would the fact that my car also has dynaudio complicate it?
  7. P

On a similar topic, has anyone had any experiences with these places that are offering remote app connect activation? I've seen several places offering it for about £100. Apparently they send you files that you load onto an SD card and install yourself. Is this legit? I thought the car had to be...
  8. P

Communication between dash and MIB not always working

I get similar on mine every now and then. The main indication is that the compass direction isn't shown in the dash. If I select navigation from the wheel it says something like not available (I forget the exact message). Come to think about it, I don't think it's done it since VW serviced it in...
  9. P

Getting Carplay/AA on this unit

Same here. MIB 2 fully compatible. £250 to enable app connect and if I want VWs voice activation that's another £250 (I know that they're not both required together) . It would be cheaper to replace with an after market system that already has those features.
  10. P

Trying to update maps on SD card

Could it be that formatting the card has formatted in a different format from default? I've never formatted mine so never looked at what format it is. I'd guess fat32?
  11. P

Acc,Front assist and start-stop problem

Not sure if alignment would cause this problem. Mine was because the sensor was disconnected
  12. P

Acc,Front assist and start-stop problem

Quite likely the stop start error is related to the radar sensor as the two seem to be connected. A couple of years ago I had a fox run out in front of me. It broke the front grille and the mount for the radar. I unplugged the radar so that it wasn't just hanging loose. When it was unplugged...
  13. P

MIB II - Software Version and Update Thread

After the service the version was 0624. This was a couple of years ago now though. I've no idea if there's been any further updates during later services. I've not had any issues anyway
  14. P

App Connect activation problem

If you don't mind me asking, are VW still charging the rip-off fee of £250 to activate app-connect?