GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by hypergti1

1. H

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires

Several people mention wet performance. Are they an issue with normal driving in the rain and mostly lose grip when driving harder in the rain?
  2. H

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires

Anyone running the Firestone Indy 500 tires? I do not autocross my car or mod it. I do however like having some fun on our back roads with it on dry days. Looking at the reviews for people with a GTI or Golf R they were very positive. Have run Michelins before but would like to try...
  3. H

Winter tire pressure

I have a 2017 GTI SE. The tire pressure recommendation on the door jamb is 37 psi for the 18 tires. I have Michelin X-Ice-Xi3 on 17 wheels. Any recommendation on tire pressure for them?
  4. H

Brand New Austin's quality issue?

I finally was able to get winter wheels and tires for my new 2017 GTI SE. When I brought home the new wheels, I noticed that the inside of 1 wheel had a machined look and feel to it. Very fine grooves. The other were smooth. Anyone notice this on their stock Austin's?
  5. H

17's vs 18's for winter

I just upgraded from my 2012 GTI S to a 2017 GTI SE. I used to run the 205/55/16's in the winter. Since the SE has the PP, I believe the smallest I can run is the 225/45/17's?? If this is the case, is it worth it to purchase the 17's or should I just go with winter tires that are...