GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Cestrian

1. C

Invalid satnav SD card

I switched on my Golf ignition today and the navigation screen claimed my SD satnav card was not valid when, in fact, it is a genuine VW card. Any ideas please?
  2. C

Adaptive Cruise Control

I was behind a VW recently on a dual carriageway and the brake lights kept coming on. I wondered why he would use the brakes unnecessarily and it occurred to me that maybe he was using ACC. Which begs the question, do the brake lights keep coming on when a car overtakes and pulls in front of you...
  3. C

Checksum error

I have tried three times to install the latest Discover satnav update and each time it comes up with: 'Checksum calculation failed'. Does anyone know what this means?
  4. C

Car Play

CarPlay on my 2016 Golf needs an activation key to work. Does anyone know what's involved and the cost? CarPlay is supposed to be compatible with Golf cars from 2016 onward. Thanks
  5. C

Postcode problem

Can anyone tell me why my Golf Discover satnav will not accept the final letter of a postcode? It just greys out. It doesn't always happen, but I can't figure out why. I know the postcode exists because my phone map accepts it. Thanks
  6. C

Satnav update

Just discovered there is a new satnav update via the DiscoverCare app.
  7. C

ACC

I have had my Golf for more than 12 months and still haven't plucked up the courage to try adaptive cruise control. Can anyone recommend ACC and suggest the kind of traffic conditions most suitable to get the most out of ACC? Thanks
  8. C

Deleting destinations

Can anyone tell me how to delete destinations in the Discover navigation? I have tried the delete data method, but nothing happens. Can individual destinations be deleted? I have spent ages looking through the manual without success. Thanks
  9. C

Text messages not showing

Despite having 'allow notifications' enabled on my iPhone SE bluetooth setting there are no text messages showing on my Golf infotainment (Phone) screen. The text icon (envelope) is there, but on pressing that a message says no folders available. The manual says there should be an 'SMS text'...
  10. C

Satnav update

Has anyone successfully updated their satnav? It looks very complicated to anyone other than a tech expert.
  11. C

Post code puzzle

I tried to put in a postcode today in my Golf satnav, but it wouldn't permit anything beyond the first two letters which were LL. Most of the keyboard was greyed out. Any ideas, please? Thanks
  12. C

Disappearing menu

The SMS menu seems to have disappeared from my Golf phone screen. I should add that I have just added two iPhones to the menu. Previously, I had Android phones. Not sure if this would make any difference. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks
  13. C

Volkswagen Connect

Has anyone got one of these? And if so is it worth having? Thanks http://www.vwconnect.com/gb/en/?dbgid=16364348&dbg_campaign=C000004026&variant=VWConnectRec_Launch-101
  14. C

Satnav updates

For anyone else who was wondering when the next satnav maps update was due, I can confirm from VW Support UK that it is scheduled for January 2018.
  15. C

Locking steering wheel

Is it normal for the steering wheel to lock when the car is braked to a standstill? I have not known this to happen on other cars I have owned. Thanks