GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on motor/transmission mounts?

FB-GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI -> Golf R
Velt sports are made by the same factory that 034 and CTS outsource through. Aka they’re the same mounts. They suck.
I have 034 Street Density mounts and like them. Bought through FCP Euro so if there is an issue with them in a couple of years I'll have them replaced.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
I got the 70 flavor. Its loud but I guess I’ve just gotten used to it. I knew what I was in for though. I was trying to rule out any manual transmission slop and I think I did. With a smfw it sounds very “rally car”.

My friend who has never changed his own windshield wipers laughs and says I got ripped off by VW and no car should ever sound like that. He likes Teslas and “luxury” SUVs

I know this post is from a while ago, but my BFI stage 1 engine/trans, power flex hybrid, and smf is also very rally car. Note I also have a subframe lockdown kit, and superpro LCA.

I have about 1000 miles on the mounts and they haven't really gotten any better. With the AC on and the windows up it's actually irritating. During normal driving the engagement from 1st to 2nd and occasionally 2nd to 3rd is also extremely loud.

The way that car drives was transformed and I'm happy with it. But I would have buyers remorse if it were my only car.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I know this post is from a while ago, but my BFI stage 1 engine/trans, power flex hybrid, and smf is also very rally car. Note I also have a subframe lockdown kit, and superpro LCA.

I have about 1000 miles on the mounts and they haven't really gotten any better. With the AC on and the windows up it's actually irritating. During normal driving the engagement from 1st to 2nd and occasionally 2nd to 3rd is also extremely loud.

The way that car drives was transformed and I'm happy with it. But I would have buyers remorse if it were my only car.
Turn the radio on

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
And miss all this?!

I leave it off 😂 was a suggestion for joedubb. Inside you know that puppy sounds like 90 pounds of legos in a burmixer.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Turn the radio on
Lol, missed the part where I said "I'm happy with it" ?

TL;DR - absolutely noticable increase in NVH in all circumstances, though driving characteristics are improved. Don't get a similar setup if you're even remotely on the fence about NVH.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
All three BFI stage 2 & SMF twin disc don’t bother me at all.

It’s notable AC on backing out my driveway, but not obnoxious IMO
I get weird looks at the school pick up line from teachers staring at my front end like “what is going on with his car?”. Sounds like a helicopter from the outside.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
So I got around to installing the cp-e 55a mounts today. There's definitely a noticeable increase in noise throughout the rpm range. At idle it's actually not very noticeable but > 1k rpm you can tell they're there. This continues through 3-4k in all gears, with a mix of transmission whine and engine noise that was very muffled previously.

I first had the powerflex diesel insert, then moved to the hybrid puck + roc-euro arm, then added these mounts. I'd say if going from stock to the insert was a 1-2/11, the hybrid puck + arm a 2-3/11, adding these mounts puts me at a 5-6/11 in terms of noise. I'll see how they fare over the next few hundred miles.

The product itself seems like its fairly good quality, however some oversight made installation eventful. The trans mount required me to slice the washer they provided so it would clear the weld of the mount and sit flush. Once installed, the battery tray sits 1/2" higher than before (which means the front-most T30 bolt bends the tray when secured. Also the battery tray mounting hardware they provided didn't work (one of the bolts to replace the original 2 10mm bolts got stuck in the metal insert as it was too big) and I'm now ordering a replacement tray.

The engine mount required me to drill and tap a hole for the washer fluid reservoir. Due to the design of the engine mount a 16mm crows foot wrench is required to properly torque the frame-side bolts. These very bolts sit lower when torqued down than with the OEM mount, which required me to modify my cc bracket (spulen) so the catch can doesn't interfere with the headlight bracket. Finally, it's impossible to get a socket on the main bolt of either mount when installed as per instructions, so I wasn't able to torque them with a torque wrench.

If you're handy, have the tools and time to make these work then they seem like a fine option. After a few hours spent just getting them ready to install/finalizing the install with various tools/hardware I didn't have, I definitely see the appeal of OEM-style mounts. Curious to see how they change over time and feel on the track.

IMG_2450.jpeg

IMG_2458.jpeg

IMG_2591.jpeg

IMG_2600.jpeg

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

I have Stage 1 mounts and a Roc Euro arm. With the stock flywheel, the noise was noticeable, but mild and a rather appealing "sports car" tone.

Since the SMF was installed, the noise got much louder. In the lower gears, it sounds like a large commercial vehicle: a trash truck or cement mixer. It's harsh and everyone who goes for a ride asks me "what's wrong with your car?"

S.villa

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Intrigued to see what happens with Vibra-Technics. Surprised it took them this long given all the half-assed options for an OEM+ solution. It seems to be either crappy improvement over OEM (034 street density), all out race-car NVH if you want to retain rubber (034 billet street sport), or switch over to polyurethane and deal with all that comes along with it (BFI 1 or 2).
Indeed. There should be a release sometime soon. They were aiming for the summer. I went with Velt mounts for the meantime.