GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs 507whp Challenger

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
FINALLY got a run after installing my clutch and going stage 2 3,000 miles ago.

First off I’ll say I didn’t win, I lost by 1.5 maaayybbbe two cars. The video is deceiving but the hemi owners first comment after the pull was “dang you stayed right with me!”

If someone can post the video I’ll send it to you, but I don’t ever mess with YouTube.

Anyway after failing to get him to line up for a good three honk/brake boost pull on the four lane divided highway we were originally on through the Mexican countryside we both got in the left turning lane to take a unpopulated two lane road I travel often. Perfect!

The green arrow turned and I did my best to keep traction 1-2 and surprisingly had the traction control light flash on 2-3 then pulled hard 3-4 and shut it down near the top of 4th. It had rained earlier and the roads were still damp around the edges.

Afterwards he pulled into his neighborhood and stopped to talk when I followed. He said he had just got his supercharger installed and the car dyno tuned 507whp on 93. Definitely sounded good and ran like a 500hp car. He was cool and explained the other challenger we was cruising with on the divided highway was his gf in her brand new 392 Scatpack, which I would have loved to run but can see why she was busy trying to race him rather than my gti.

For those not familiar with my car it’s APR stage 2, dkm twin disk, BFI stage 2 mounts, Indy 500 Firehawks, VWR springs, 3” TBE I built and a cheapo injen intake. As a further disadvantage I had my roof rack on and a 200+ lbs passenger. Hopefully I’ll catch him out on a night when I’m driving to work (via Mexico) el soló

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Sounds like a fun time. Nice showing

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Clutch is nice huh. There is a kid I talk to sometimes at a store by me that has an 06 charger srt8 that wants to run, I can wait to see him around......I need tires bad though, stock tires are not doing so well. How do you like those firehawks.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Clutch is nice huh. There is a kid I talk to sometimes at a store by me that has an 06 charger srt8 that wants to run, I can wait to see him around......I need tires bad though, stock tires are not doing so well. How do you like those firehawks.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

The Firehawks are awesome, if it was a little warmer and or dryer it never woulda spun shifting into third. Even second gear hooks pretty good with them.

I’m absolutely loving the clutch too. I was able to no lift shift 2-3 and 3-4 flawlessly which is the kinda thing you smile like an idiot after doing haha. I just wish my apr tune on this car was more aggressive in that situation like my mk6. They gave me LC and LFS that they wrote for a stage 4 development car and it held boost and bounced once or twice off the rev limiter during NLS

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Nice run, do you know what blower he had? I had a similar interaction with a stock hellcat a while back, crazy what a stock turbo mk7 is capable of

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
No he didn’t say, it was cool he pulled over to talk tho cuz I had no clue it was boosted till I talked to him. The headers/exhaust were so loud I couldn’t hear it ha

Litespeedgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Good story. We have a ton of Chargers/Challengers in our area. They have a lot of club members. You never know what they are running and some of them are de-badged.

I have lost count of all the optional and standard power train options!

Cool that he was willing to share.I helps ALL car enthusiasts.

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
The Firehawks are awesome, if it was a little warmer and or dryer it never woulda spun shifting into third. Even second gear hooks pretty good with them.

I’m absolutely loving the clutch too. I was able to no lift shift 2-3 and 3-4 flawlessly which is the kinda thing you smile like an idiot after doing haha. I just wish my apr tune on this car was more aggressive in that situation like my mk6. They gave me LC and LFS that they wrote for a stage 4 development car and it held boost and bounced once or twice off the rev limiter during NLS

Good run, challenger/chargers get a little stupid up top

Careful with that NLS-ing dood. Giving me some flashbacks over here lol.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
If you dropped your rack, passenger, and crap in trunk you would have pulled him. Next time load up 3 passengers. Lol...

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
If you dropped your rack, passenger, and crap in trunk you would have pulled him. Next time load up 3 passengers. Lol...

Or if he strapped all that stuff to the hood so he could get traction :D

MadMen

Ready to race!
Messing with hemi vehicles can be tricky. Never know what they're running. My car would dyno barely 500 hp, and I ran it with minimal weight reduction. This is all motor on pump gas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeUHBzc2cRY

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
nice run. where do you think you are hp wise on your setup? Also I am sure you would have killed the scat pack. My buddy has a scat pack challenger and we run for fun, nothing close to risking life and limb, but he has never pulled on me and if it's on a road with any type of twistiness I leave him in the dust on the first corner. love those firehawks as well. they hook up so nice and stay planted on corners. couldn't be happier with them.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Ik right lol, I’m NEVER alone in my car. Two empty car seats in the back and a pile of toys that could satisfy a small country of kids ha. #dadlife

Bob, my usual carpool partner in crime has rode shotgun for several muscle car vs gti experiences. In the video he’s laughing at the beginning like “here we go again”

nice run. where do you think you are hp wise on your setup? Also I am sure you would have killed the scat pack. My buddy has a scat pack challenger and we run for fun, nothing close to risking life and limb, but he has never pulled on me and if it's on a road with any type of twistiness I leave him in the dust on the first corner. love those firehawks as well. they hook up so nice and stay planted on corners. couldn't be happier with them.

Yeah I wish I coulda ran it! I’m probably 320whp & 380tq. It was nice and cool outside so my tiny stock IC shouldn’t have been too big of a hold up.

I just showed the video to my wife and she said “great you almost beat him, now what do you wanna order for your car? Stage what, 3 next?” Lol

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Ik right lol, I’m NEVER alone in my car. Two empty car seats in the back and a pile of toys that could satisfy a small country of kids ha. #dadlife

Bob, my usual carpool partner in crime has rode shotgun for several muscle car vs gti experiences. In the video he’s laughing at the beginning like “here we go again”

Yeah I wish I coulda ran it! I’m probably 320whp & 380tq. It was nice and cool outside so my tiny stock IC shouldn’t have been too big of a hold up.

I just showed the video to my wife and she said “great you almost beat him, now what do you wanna order for your car? Stage what, 3 next?” Lol

Willing to donate my stock intercooler to you minus the endtanks :rolleyes:
Really.. I cracked one and then pried them off to hold my radiator assembly together, i got a "real" FMIC up front now. I mean you could probably repeat the process and swap the GTI endtanks onto this one :D