GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Roll-Control Lowering Springs Now Available (MK7 GTI)

Renck

Ready to race!
Now that is service APR! Nice work.

Can't wait to see this.

Indeed! It took less than 5 minutes to receive a response to my email from APR (Ryan) including confirmation a new set will be shipped to my home. Of course, he asked me very politely to return the set with the issue at my earliest convenience (return label was provided too).

New set arrived today and I returned the favor shipping the first set today too. So, issue was fixed from one day to the next (yes, I was lucky they are in Alabama and I'm in Georgia).

Now, I just need to get everything organized to complete the installation this weekend. :D

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Indeed! It took less than 5 minutes to receive a response to my email from APR (Ryan) including confirmation a new set will be shipped to my home. Of course, he asked me very politely to return the set with the issue at my earliest convenience (return label was provided too).

New set arrived today and I returned the favor shipping the first set today too. So, issue was fixed from one day to the next (yes, I was lucky they are in Alabama and I'm in Georgia).

Now, I just need to get everything organized to complete the installation this weekend. :D

We are all waiting... not patiently. :D

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
For anyone wondering what ~3/4" drop looks like on 18" wheels & 235/40 tires, below is my car on H&R OE Sport springs, which offer that amount of drop. If you want larger size pics, right click these and open in new tab. Edit the URL to remove the "l" before the .jpg extension.

Here was the car stock (other than tint):

Wow, that looks perfect, exactly what I'm going for. I was going to go DGs for the 3/4" drop but now definitely considering the H&R OE Sports or these APR springs. Too many options!!

c3rolling

Passed Driver's Ed
My ears were burning and stumbled upon this. Thanks, dude. Glad that setup is working out!

If you want to improve handling absolutely do not get DG's. Impulse buy for me and ripped them out in 2 weeks. That was also paired with the B8's.

Assuming the 034's are stiffer and will handle better, but lower.

Recommend taking measurements from the center hub to fender...and why these are glued completely escapes me. Regardless, good luck with the install and ride!

The DG springs handle better than stock, although not by much. I don't think people buy DG to get flat cornering, just want to reduce wheel gap while maintaining a near stock ride.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
The DG springs handle better than stock, although not by much. I don't think people buy DG to get flat cornering, just want to reduce wheel gap while maintaining a near stock ride.

Understood. I didn’t expect track handling by any stretch of the imagination, but was really underwhelmed based on all the hype. Just calling it out based on a previous comment regarding no negatives. Ride quality with the B8’s was excellent, but wasn’t enough for me to keep them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Thanks. I'm quite happy with it. The OE Sports are excellent springs. Much better IMO than the VWR I had first. I am paired with B8 shocks. Special thanks to Hammersticks for the knowledge, suggestions, and personal help at his house with the install. Quality guy.

Given that I said 235/40 in the post, yes, you're correct :p

Did you ever get to drive on the H&R OE Sports with the OEM dampers? Impressions?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Hey Renck,

How did it go?

Renck

Ready to race!
Hey Renck,

How did it go?
Almost done! I took off the first tire.

:eek:)

I'll post back more information later. I need to take a bath and have lunch (I skipped it in order to finish not too late today.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Bath?

[emoji370]?

Renck

Ready to race!
Before

Before.jpg

After

After.jpg

After 1.jpg

After 2.jpg

Heading out for lunch / dinner and to let the springs to settle. It might take few days to achieve that, but I'm really happy with the end result right after the installation.

I'll be posting before and after measurements later today.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Looks great! Thanks for posting pics.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the ride.

doolin64

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow! Thank you Renck for the great pictures! Love what I see. Curious about your ride opinion. I'll be studying these pictures all day tomorrow in the office.

Last edited:

Renck

Ready to race!
Looks great! Thanks for posting pics.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the ride.

My pleasure! It has been a fun project. I wasn't able to drive much today. But, if feels very nice, good roads around my home. So, nothing big to really notice a difference, yet as a first test drive, that is "good" at my book = feels stock (IMHO).

Wow! Thenmk you Renck for the great pictures! Love what I see. Curious your ride opinion!

Same here, I do really love how it turned out. The drop is just perfect for some that uses this car as a daily and that every now and then will deal with not perfect roads. My commute is around 30 miles, so I'll report back tomorrow after driving the car on other roads / highway.

A couple of more pics (sorry for the large size of the pictures, but I want to give you the best chance to look at the whole car and the drop):

After 3.jpg

After 4.jpg

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Looks like more of a drop than advertised (1/2” to 3/4”).

Looks, similar to ED / VWR. To me anyway...