GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This is why Elon Musk is coolest Man on the planet

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
No one else can, or would, launch their own kickass electric roadster into space.
Today, 1:10 est...watch it, if your able, and if your cool enough.

And for the cynics, negative-nellies, debbie-downers, haters, etc, there is something for You at the launch also: Falcon Heavy might explode, showering certain areas of Florida with roadster parts, as well as rocket stuff. If you live within the debris area, you might even be able to pick up a nice Tesla roadster electric motor, free of charge, although likely somewhat dented. Sell it on fleaBay, use it for a doorstop, whatever.

Attachments

• falcon-saturn-9.jpg
    falcon-saturn-9.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I usually don't respond to "negative nancy", but in my opinion, and I'll use a quote from autoexpert.au

"Tesla motorcars is a cash incinerating bullshit machine"

That truck's specs are pretty weak, I didn't understand the hype about it. Useless outside of a metro area, and what company doesn't need to ship beyond a metro area?

Auto Expert AU mentions that nearly every Tesla product is useless on that entire continent as of now.

This article is cool, and it will be cool to watch a car float out into space. If aliens ever find it they will probably be perplexed at how such a rudimentary object could manage space travel :)

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Figured my post would pull in a few nellies. If your invested in Tesla stock from the 20's, Musk has made you boatloads of money. I'd take the money and run, because his company may not stand the test of time, or the Tesla of Time. Maybe some of us already did, or didn't...

Nevertheless, whatever happens, the fucker stepped up to the plate and did it. And is still doing it. And I dig it.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Elon Musk is possibly the largest welfare recipient in history.

Glad to see him using our tax dollars wisely.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Elon Musk is possibly the largest welfare recipient in history.

Glad to see him using our tax dollars wisely.

In that case, you had better watch the launch- You helped pay for it.

Meanwhile, considering the late 2000's bullshit banking meltdown cost US taxpayers over 12 Trillion (that we even know about), the tax funding for Tesla is a drop in the bucket, and money better spent than bailing out Wall Street banker a_holes, Countrywide loan agent greed, giving losers home loans for McMansions they didn't have a prayer of paying for...did I mention Wall Street gamblers who were bailed out by the Federal Reserve? Trillions...

Nah, I'll take Musk's experiments over all that, any time. At least his projects may yield something more for Science than just the losses. That's more than I can say for the banking meltdown, and a thousand other goobermint wrong doings, corruptions, bridges to nowhere, etc, etc, over the past decades.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Update- For the .001% forum members not hopelessly sunk in negativity, and with the rare ability to see the positive, and be stoked on technological achievement: Looks like they've moved the launch ahead...so, sometime this afternoon, it launches, unless weather or tech issue, of course.

Still, I strongly urge haters to also watch- If it explodes, it will make your entire 2018!! Why would you take a chance on missing that? Oh wait, I see. If the launch was successful, then...yeeah, it's a risk :eek:

"Course, you can catch the news video later, no need to watch live, reegahdless of which camp your in.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I have the live feed up and ready!
Coverage starts at 3:30 eastern, launch currently scheduled for go at 3:45.
Pretty pumped for this.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
In that case, you had better watch the launch- You helped pay for it.

Meanwhile, considering the late 2000's bullshit banking meltdown cost US taxpayers over 12 Trillion (that we even know about), the tax funding for Tesla is a drop in the bucket, and money better spent than bailing out Wall Street banker a_holes, Countrywide loan agent greed, giving losers home loans for McMansions they didn't have a prayer of paying for...did I mention Wall Street gamblers who were bailed out by the Federal Reserve? Trillions...

Nah, I'll take Musk's experiments over all that, any time. At least his projects may yield something more for Science than just the losses. That's more than I can say for the banking meltdown, and a thousand other goobermint wrong doings, corruptions, bridges to nowhere, etc, etc, over the past decades.

I'll take neither, I'm a free market guy.

Bailouts...too big to fail? No, let the MFers burn. Govt lending regulation that forced banks to open up lending to lower income people was also a huge factor...again, keep govt out of the market.

Donations to companies that can't produce an economically viable product? No thanks.

I think Teslas are awesome. I also think they shouldn't exist until the company can build them without requiring billions of taxpayer dollars to keep the lights on.

A 5000lb luxury barge, fueled by electricity largely from coal and stored in lithium batteries funded in the name of environmentalism?? Lol.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
I have the live feed up and ready!
Coverage starts at 3:30 eastern, launch currently scheduled for go at 3:45.
Pretty pumped for this.

Good Man!! :D I knew there would be someone Cool here!

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
The "coolest man on the planet"? Up for debate.

He has the cleanest balls, though, that's for sure.

:D LMAO!

Yeah, I could've said "One of the coolest". That way, it would leave room for the rest of us.

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Something to look up. Not able to post links now.

Google "A Simulation SpaceX" has out of the launch to Mars.
Watch toward the end with the Astronaut in the Tesla heading to Mars.

Then Google "Heavy Metal Movie Opening Screen".
This is a R rated cartoon movie from the late 70's (think I am right) I was too young to see then. Watch when the astronaut in the Corvette heading to earth.

I think this was copied.

Link to movie intro.
https://youtu.be/4MyfInT1y0c

I am following!
My Nephew (Wife's side) works for Space-X.
I have known him since he was 2.
At 5 he wanted to be an astronaut.
He is now a Rocket Scientist.
A big day.

Sorry for taxes. I do not hand the money out.
But my Nephew works hard to use it right.

Last edited:

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Something to look up. Not able to post links now.

Google "A Simulation SpaceX" has out of the launch to Mars.
Watch toward the end with the Astronaut in the Tesla heading to Mars.

Then Google "Heavy Metal Movie Opening Screen".
This is a R rated cartoon movie from the late 70's (think I am right) I was too young to see then. Watch when the astronaut in the Corvette heading to earth.

I think this was copied.

I am following!
My Nephew (Wife's side) works for Space-X.
I have known him since he was 2.
At 5 he wanted to be an astronaut.
He is now a Rocket Scientist.
A big day.

Sorry for taxes. I do not hand the money out.
But my Nephew works hard to use it right.

Cool Sandman! Yes, it IS a big day for him and your family.
Well Done to him and his team!