GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Flashloader Mobile

Alfonso@GIAC

Ready to race!
GIAC is proud to release our Flashloader Mobile device!
This device allows customer to be able to flash their vehicle with GIAC performance software, it also allows you to flash your vehicle back to stock all while being able to do this anywhere.
The device comes with the GIAC performance software of your choice that you choose to purchase as well as the stock file for your vehicle, whether you purchased transmission or engine software it does come with the stock file for your specific ECU/TCU part number.
The device also comes with a 20 channel data logger and a diagnostic trouble clear to clear codes after you are done flashing.
Files also available are DSG clutch adaptation, ABS mod and haldex mod.

*For current customers wishing to transfer to the Flashloader Mobile device, please contact GIAC direct at 949-470-1080 to place your order. Transfers can only be done by GIAC.*

Contact your local GIAC authorized dealer today!

For more information please visit our website

http://www.giacusa.com/product_item.php?id=4

Last edited:

pricej6361

Ready to race!
Nice. So APR really has no excuses now as to why they don't offer a flash at home option, other than they are in bed with the shops.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Now if we could get around the TD1 flag..

Alfonso@GIAC

Ready to race!
Soooo my question would be what flashes come with it?

The device will come with the files you have purchased.
For instance if you purchased stage 1 engine software and stage 2 DSG.
The files the device would come with would be your stock engine software for your specific part number and software level version, stage 1 GIAC performance engine file, your DSG stage 2 performance file and your stock DSG file specific to your part number and software level version.
The device will also come with the DTC clear file for diagnostic trouble clear and a 20 channel data logger.

Keep in mind clutch adaptation as well as haldex mod and ABS mod can also come included only if requested.

Alfonso@GIAC

Ready to race!
What is the haldex mod?

This file only applies to AWD (4Motion) vehicles.
It allows the vehicle to utilize it's 4Motion system.
Most 4Motion vehicles only spin the front tires at launch meaning the vehicle only launches in FWD, with this file it will allow the vehicle to launch with power being sent to all 4 wheels. This haldex mod file also changes the settings within the vehicle to be able to allow better cornering at higher speeds and allows the 4Motion system to send power to all 4 wheels far more often then with basic settings the vehicle comes with from the manufacturer.

koniu77

Passed Driver's Ed
Can the flash loader and files be purchased online or do we still have to go to our local giac dealer?

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Ok I watched the video and read the specs.. so I'm trying to understand why the use of a USB drive?? and why didn't you just make the memory internal to the device? FAT32 has a 2Gb or 4Gb storage limit which in my mind is not a lot. Now I"m not familiar yet as to the size of a flash file for ECU, TCU, or the amount of data logging you can do with that storage limitation. I didn't see in the video how you choose between the 4 files stored on the USB jump drive. Another question would be what if you usb stick became corrupt, lost or non functioning? Since you already purchased the tunes I'm assuming you have a way to get them loaded onto another usb jump drive? So does that make the tune customizable by GIAC or tuner?

Thanks

Calubi

Ready to race!
So if we already have GIAC tunes purchased and installed by a dealer, how much is it to get all of that on this device? I'm assuming I don't need to re-pay for the software? Do we get notified if a new revision of a tune is available?

Are the Haldex mods the same as the VAG-COM tweaks discussed on here? Or is it something else in the ECU/TCU?

I'm also curious how useful the data logging feature will be in practice. In the past, I've data logged cars with the purpose of using the data to adjust the tune. But there is nothing we can do with the tune to adjust for anything we find abnormal in the logs.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Ok I watched the video and read the specs.. so I'm trying to understand why the use of a USB drive?? and why didn't you just make the memory internal to the device? FAT32 has a 2Gb or 4Gb storage limit which in my mind is not a lot. Now I"m not familiar yet as to the size of a flash file for ECU, TCU, or the amount of data logging you can do with that storage limitation. I didn't see in the video how you choose between the 4 files stored on the USB jump drive. Another question would be what if you usb stick became corrupt, lost or non functioning? Since you already purchased the tunes I'm assuming you have a way to get them loaded onto another usb jump drive? So does that make the tune customizable by GIAC or tuner?

Thanks

FYI: FAT32 has a 4gb single file limit and a 32gb total limit. I doubt the drive is that big, but it can.

Great point on drive corruption.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
FYI: FAT32 has a 4gb single file limit and a 32gb total limit. I doubt the drive is that big, but it can.

Great point on drive corruption.

Yep sorry that's what I meant.. file size limitation. Thanks for pointing that out.. it was late at night.. lol

I was also thinking in terms of data logging being an issue with file size limitation.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
So if we already have GIAC tunes purchased and installed by a dealer, how much is it to get all of that on this device? I'm assuming I don't need to re-pay for the software? Do we get notified if a new revision of a tune is available?

Are the Haldex mods the same as the VAG-COM tweaks discussed on here? Or is it something else in the ECU/TCU?

I'm also curious how useful the data logging feature will be in practice. In the past, I've data logged cars with the purpose of using the data to adjust the tune. But there is nothing we can do with the tune to adjust for anything we find abnormal in the logs.

Great point!

That's why I asked about the tune being customizable.. because what's the sense of data logging if it can not be other than to maybe trouble shoot some issues.