GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vs 2017 camaro SS

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
So puttering along doing morning coffee run for my wife and I and a new camaro SS pulls next to me. To be honest, I wasnt even in the mood to race, but it was wide open and the camaro driver was definitely eager to try and show me what's up. We hit a red and I proceeded to calmly take off and see what happens....ran up to third, when I hear him downshift and punch it (he was a half car behind me) so I hit it in third after he started going....i immediately pulled and held two cars until i let off in the middle of fourth.....coasted to let him catch up but he did the old american ricer flyby as I was turning left.

Funny thing is I have not been that impressed with the is38 till now :)

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I always hit the brakes after a kill rather than coasting, just to crush any doubt they had about getting pulled by a hatchback family car lol

Nice kill, probably woke you up equally as well as the coffee

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Good kill! I had a similar situation on the highway. A new SS got up next to me on my left and I had no interest in racing until he became a douche and started revving his car and punched it. So I punched it and rode his ass like flies on shit until we hit 120 and I killed it but he kept going. Came up to a light and he said "Were you trying to race? Couldn't tell because you were too far behind." I said "Really? You launched when I had no interest and then I was easily on your ass till we hit 120 when I killed it. Plus, I'm stock tune so what's your excuse?" He just looked at me and said he was stock tune also. Which doesn't say much for your SS. Typical douchebag...

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Good kill! I had a similar situation on the highway. A new SS got up next to me on my left and I had no interest in racing until he became a douche and started revving his car and punched it. So I punched it and rode his ass like flies on shit until we hit 120 and I killed it but he kept going. Came up to a light and he said "Were you trying to race? Couldn't tell because you were too far behind." I said "Really? You launched when I had no interest and then I was easily on your ass till we hit 120 when I killed it. Plus, I'm stock tune so what's your excuse?" He just looked at me and said he was stock tune also. Which doesn't say much for your SS. Typical douchebag...

There is no way your stock tuned gti kept up with a bone stock 2017 Camaro ss, no way! Maybe a v6 but not a 2017 Camaro ss, if you were anywhere near him then he wasn’t racing, which actually would explain his comment, he was probably barely pushing it and eventually noticed you were riding his ass, those things are hard to see out of lol, but if he was trying it would stomp a stock tune gti easily so very easily.

xheartcoreboyx1

There is no way your stock tuned gti kept up with a bone stock 2017 Camaro ss, no way! Maybe a v6 but not a 2017 Camaro ss, if you were anywhere near him then he wasn’t racing, which actually would explain his comment, he was probably barely pushing it and eventually noticed you were riding his ass, those things are hard to see out of lol, but if he was trying it would stomp a stock tune gti easily so very easily.

Heck even a V6 would pull lol

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

My car is not completely stock. It's FBO, just no tune and he was racing. He downshifted and floored it and when I was on his ass, he was still flooring it. Hate to burst your theory but power to rate ratio. That is nothing new. Also, he was being sarcastic with his comment...

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Even a stock 1le v6 camaro has a 5.2 0-60

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Stock GTI quarter mile times range in the mid to low 14's with speeds around 100mph. Not sure what you're talking about Gti Jake...

Teens as in 113mph+ trap speed...which would be required to pull on a new SS from a roll.

Never gonna happen without a tune JerseyDrew

That difference in trap speed takes a little over 100whp to pick up, can’t get that even FBO is38 without a tune to back it up