GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 18 SE purchase today. Comments and thoughts.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Why do people doubt the discount? You make it sound like 2018 GTI's are special cars. They are not. And right now the GTI is becoming a very niche vehicle. All sedan sales are in the hopper. It's now middle of winter where foot traffic and sales go to die. I can see it easy. It only took about 2 months for the 2017's to be highly discounted. And we now know dealers are still profitable after giving $6k discounts. Go figure.

Car looks awesome OP! I'd drive that in a heartbeat! I didn't see you answer about leather or cloth? How is stereo system? It's the non Fender correct?

It has the leather option. No more Fender system on SEs.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
That’s where I got my GTI as well. Those fox valley tags are really really hard to get off! I went back there to have them remove them, and the paint needed correction afterwards. At least they asked if I wanted a front plate though.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You aren’t kidding. This was one of the worst. A chrome type decal that was very tough to get off even with a hot hair dryer. A couple dozen individual letters. Grrrr. Would not have wanted it on more than another day.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I'm of the opinion that I will allow a license plate frame, to reward the dealer that chooses that frame--which is removable--and not a sticker.

The dealer vinyl stickers are typically easily removed. They do it with a heat gun in under a minute the few times I've watched it happened.

I don't free advertise with stickers plate rings or anything like that on my car for anyone, especially car dealerships.

Last edited:

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Great choice dequardo and great pictures too. Thanks for these posts!

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
The dealer vinyl stickers are typically easily removed. They do it with a heat gun in under a minute the few times I've watched it happened.

I don't free advertise with stickers plate rings or anything like that on my car for anyone, especially car dealerships.

Agree but this was not regular vinyl. A metal type of one with very strong adhesive.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
How does it sound compared to the Fenders in the MK7?

Since I have one of each for a few months I can do a comparison but obviously the subwoofer is missed

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Good looking car. Green is not my thing, but it is a nice color.

nofuiyo

Passed Driver's Ed
Why do people doubt the discount?

I agree on discounts on a brand new car.. I bought my 2017 mk7 TSI on Nov 30, 2016 and I got a $4500 discount on a 2017 car on year 2016 and they still had 2016s Golfs on the lot. I guess you can argue i got the discounts because i bought it the last day of the month[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drewsro

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure how I feel about the green. I normally like green but it might be a little too teal for me. I would have to see it in person though. My GTI originally came from Fox Valley VW but I picked it up second-hand from their Buick dealer (traded-in). I work for a car dealer so we just bought it wholesale from them.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Congrats OP, what mods do you have planned ?

Really just the same as in my .sig info. I'm 63 years old so I realize I'm not in the modding demographic. Just appearance things aside from the dog bone insert.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Beautiful! Do you have interior pics?

Here you go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk