GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good deal on 2017 GTI S DSG???

Bonderd

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Guys, I have been going to a few dealers lately. I was originally interested in a used 2015 GTI. However everyone I look at is "Rough" they want $15k for one with 66k miles on it at my local VW Dealer:mad:. Regardless they did tell me they will sell me a Brand New 2017 S DSG in Black for $21,500. I have a 2015 Golf TSI Launch Edition for trade in. A lot of dealers did not even want to deal with me. I had one dealer that offered me $7k for it... Regardless The dealer with the new GTI offered me $10,500 for my car today. It has 53k miles on it and I only actually paid $9k for the car. So it sounds good to me.

Is this about what I should expect to pay this late into 2017 for a S DSG?

Thoughts on the deal?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Following break down will help anyone to rate your deal better:

MSRP
Selling price including destination charge and excluding TTL
Dealer fee (If any)

KBB value for your current car

Last edited:

Bonderd

Passed Driver's Ed
Msrp is around $27500, so its roughly 6k off. The big help is getting the deduction in tax's plus getting an additional $1500 more than I paid.

adam1991

Banned
Regardless they did tell me they will sell me a Brand New 2017 S DSG in Black for $21,500.

Well, we don't know what "the deal" is.

$21500 plus destination?

$21500 includes destination?

What about tax/title/fees?

Some dealers are skeezy and quote you with absolutely every possible discount imaginable, piling on new graduate and military and AAA and...things you would never qualify for.

Only you know this information.

Go to vw.com and build the same car. What do you find? I find that the car itself, plus destination, lists for $27,515.

If you're getting the car plus destination fee for $6000 off, that's a good deal. That's what I got on my Autobahn/DSG. I hesitate to think you're getting the same amount off an S that Autobahns are getting--but hey, anything's possible.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Msrp is around $27500, so its roughly 6k off. The big help is getting the deduction in tax's plus getting an additional $1500 more than I paid.

In $21,500 dealer might or might not have included different charges. No one can judge your deal without knowing the split up of your numbers.

Bonderd

Passed Driver's Ed
$21500 is the price of the car including destination charges. Taxes are $600, dealer prep $399 and doc fee $199. So roughly $22700 - the $1500 difference that I paid for my golf. Purchase price $21200 out the door. For those that may say something about the Golf. I lierally just bought it last month for $9k, so I am not loosing anything. Essentially drove a car for free for a month and someone handed me $1500 to purchase a new gti ��

Bonderd

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, we don't know what "the deal" is.

$21500 plus destination?

$21500 includes destination?

What about tax/title/fees?

Some dealers are skeezy and quote you with absolutely every possible discount imaginable, piling on new graduate and military and AAA and...things you would never qualify for.

Only you know this information.

Go to vw.com and build the same car. What do you find? I find that the car itself, plus destination, lists for $27,515.

If you're getting the car plus destination fee for $6000 off, that's a good deal. That's what I got on my Autobahn/DSG. I hesitate to think you're getting the same amount off an S that Autobahns are getting--but hey, anything's possible.

Yes sir thats the deal. I was there already today and they are pretty straight forward. If they pull anything at all i will walk out

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Some of the DC area dealers (who offer one of the best deals in the country) have listed 2017 S DSG for $19,500 (including dealer and destination fee) + TTL.

Last edited:

CosmosMpower

Ready to race!
Should be able to get a new 17 S DSG for 20k or less including destination.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
did you get a quote for this? I'm asking cuz I want to be competitive with my number when i negotiate.

If you look on cars.com, there are a few '17 GTI S's for under $20k. Granted, I was looking at 6MT's, but you may be able to use that for leverage.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
unlikely that most people do qualify for advertised price including all the incentives.

This is true, but there are a ton of GTI S with DSG under $18k. Can't hurt to try and get for $20k or slightly under. Worst they can say is no!