GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is the GTI Sporty Enough for me?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
You’re lucky. I can’t afford to. I consider it my civic duty to warn other poor souls before they make the same mistake

OP already has a GTI in his household and he is looking to buy one more as he is extremely happy about it. So you can spend your useful time elsewhere.

alderran1

Ready to race!
OP already has a GTI in his household and he is looking to buy one more as he is extremely happy about it. So you can spend your useful time elsewhere.

He asked I didn’t start the thread. Why do you care what I say? What are you one those anti free speech progressive left wing nut jobs who can’t take anyone disagreeing?

He asked if the car is sporty. My opinion is one might think so on first glance but when the car is pushed it has no traction and handles like a garbage scow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
He asked I didn’t start the thread. Why do you care what I say? What are you one those anti free speech progressive left wing nut jobs who can’t take anyone disagreeing?

He asked if the car is sporty. My opinion is one might think so on first glance but when the car is pushed it has no traction and handles like a garbage scow

Had you had spent time reading his first post, you would have realized that he is asking others opinion about buying a second GTI as he is happy about his first one. And i am not here to stop your comments. Everyone here owns a GTI and they very well know the potential of the vehicle. GTI stock tires are bad and most people here would agree.

Negative publicity is also publicity and thank you for it!

Litespeedgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
I replaced my Porsche Boxster S with my GTI because I needed hauling(road/mountain bikes etc) running around etc for a while and will get another Porsche in the future.

My Porsche was way sportier but my GTI has geat FUNK factor especially due to the tune and plaid seats!

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I'm too young for a vette. I'm only 57;)

57 is fine. Just get some polyester double-knit sans-a-belt® slacks, a wide white belt, some nice white tassled loafers, and a Members Only® jacket, and you'll be fine. Also throw a set of golf clubs in the back and leave them there 24/7, and smoke about 2 packs of Newports daily. Greying hair, a receding hairline, or ridiculously bad toupeé are pluses.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Except this guy has access to the shitty fwd car so you can’t trick him into buying another.

Anyway don’t have to believe me just take your wife’s car out in the rain. Try to take off quick. Wet or dry try to quickly pull out of a side street. I don’t know how anyone can drive this car and not hate its inability to put power to the ground

OP.
Get PP when you order with LSD. (Or electronicly controlled, hydraulicly actuated differential) as some do not like LSD term used here.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c

Everybody KNOWS you hate VW, you've blathered on about it ad-nauseum. By posting your drivel in a topic like this, you're doing nothing more than trolling at this point, and it adds absolutely nothing to the discussion. Zip, zero, nada. It's rather shocking that you haven't been banned by now, as your participation has been reduced to trolling for ages now.

Free speech? Please. Nothing to do with the issue at hand here. Start your own topic and have at it. Nobody will read it, but hey, you can say whatever you want.

alderran1

Ready to race!
Had you had spent time reading his first post, you would have realized that he is asking others opinion about buying a second GTI as he is happy about his first one. And i am not here to stop your comments. Everyone here owns a GTI and they very well know the potential of the vehicle. GTI stock tires are bad and most people here would agree.

Negative publicity is also publicity and thank you for it!

He asked for opinion don’t calling out antifa just because you don’t agree.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
OP.
Get PP when you order with LSD. (Or electronicly controlled, hydraulicly actuated differential) as some do not like LSD term used here.

or FDL...Front differential lock....which is what VW call it in their official tech guides & workshop manuals....:cool:

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
Absolutely not. It's merely a lowly Golf, albeit it a little faster. You want sporty? Buy a 'Vette.

I sold my 01 roadster putting 350 horse to the rear wheels for 17 Autobahn and I don’t regret the decision at all. Handles better with quicker sharp response and just the get up and go is incredible from the 2.0. If this is Not enough pick up a used R
Unless you’re in your 30’S you’re going to look like a midlife man!

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Sporty enough? Driving dynamics, possibly. Looks department, nope. But again that is part of the appeal. Like the GTI and want a touch more "sport"? Go R. Otherwise get a P car and be sporty all around.

Im 56 and have owned 5 GTIs. Love them for what they are, but don't consider it a "sporty" type car overall. Has it's moments, but enough things hold it back in the sports arena. And for God's sake do NOT get a Civic Type R. Nothing screams low-T like watching some middle-age guy try to fold/unfold himself into/out of one. All those wings and styling add-ons etc. are like a teenager flying around his member for for all the girls to see. I prefer to keep mine under wraps but still be pleasantly surprising :D.

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
You’re lucky. I can’t afford to. I consider it my civic duty to warn other poor souls before they make the same mistake

Just sell your car and stop fucking spewing hate!
Plenty people here have no issues with their GTI so maybe it’s just you and you manifest your own troubles!
Life’s too short to to put such negative energy in something you can just sell and move on, may take a loss but you and everyone else on this forum will be happier for it!!

alderran1

Ready to race!
Just sell your car and stop fucking spewing hate!

Plenty people here have no issues with their GTI so maybe it’s just you and you manifest your own troubles!

Life’s too short to to put such negative energy in something you can just sell and move on, may take a loss but you and everyone else on this forum will be happier for it!!

Lots of people have problems like I said civic duty and if you don’t like don’t read.