GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I have every mod to reduce wheel hop yet it's only gotten worse. When does it end?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iflyforfood

Passed Driver's Ed
Another update: Got the HPA dogbone finally. Just pulling out of my shop's parking lot, the SECOND 034 engine mount I got to replace the first one that broke completely snapped at the aluminum frame. Needless to say everyone at the shop was WTFing. Phone calls were had and 034 was shocked as well. Long story short now I got hooked up with a BFI stage 1 mount. NVH predictably much worse but a small price to pay. I do love the added growl from the engine though, thinking about turning off the soundaktor since it's that good.

Wheel hop is now FINALLY also tolerable, but far from gone. The frequency and ease with which it happens is still there (if a tad worse, have gotten it all the way in 4th gear now) BUT it is much MUCH more subdued, very much like when it was stage 0 bone stock and unmolested. So at least the car doesn't feel like its falling apart. So, now I'm thinking I'm going to go for superpro control arms, and hopefully finally be done with this WH BS.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Glad I returned my CTS mounts. Too many horror stories of these OE replicas braking.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

iflyforfood

Passed Driver's Ed
Carnage as requested https://imgur.com/PtEq8o3

lol, so you lept before you looked, congrats on starting a thread when 2 of your 3 mounts had issues.
at least you figured it out. btw did you apologize to the unnamed shop?

Dafuq should I be apologizing for? Too bad I'm not a savant and couldn't see this coming. Neither did 034 or anyone in my shop and they've been in constant contact over this.

Apparently nobody else with vanilla stage 2 has these issues but just because I got a wavetrac now I'm ripping mounts apart.

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Why would he apologize to an unnamed shop.

That would only be necessary if he had tried a "name and shame"

Quite a few people have squished or broken the aluminum dog bone mount though, just throwing that out there.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Carnage as requested https://imgur.com/PtEq8o3

Dafuq should I be apologizing for? Too bad I'm not a savant and couldn't see this coming. Neither did 034 or anyone in my shop and they've been in constant contact over this.

Apparently nobody else with vanilla stage 2 has these issues but just because I got a wavetrac now I'm ripping mounts apart.

for being an asshat that complains on the internet

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Why would he apologize to an unnamed shop.

That would only be necessary if he had tried a "name and shame"

Quite a few people have squished or broken the aluminum dog bone mount though, just throwing that out there.

read his first thread, sounds to me like he was blaming the "nameless" shop for not knowing what they are talking about. he didn't bring it to them first to look at, he just started a thread complaining.

iflyforfood

Passed Driver's Ed
for being an asshat that complains on the internet

Says the complainer complaining about "complainers"

read his first thread, sounds to me like he was blaming the "nameless" shop for not knowing what they are talking about. he didn't bring it to them first to look at, he just started a thread complaining.

Except they were very much aware of it and they did look into it. They have been supportive so far. And I came here looking for advice and to post progress on what is my quest for hte final solution to WH, not to put up with uppity trolls. Don't like my threads then GTFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.