GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Exhaust Crackle Now Available

dReAdLoK

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got home from a nice day of cruising throughout the city. Not only are the boost levels back, but they are a tad bit higher now. Obviously, no complaining going on here! Thanks again Arin for keeping up with all of us, still loving APR!!

dasauto GTI

Ready to race!
so happy they got my file corrected!! had my car in the shop for a new clutch and happened to as well get the new tune. Had my shop keep it for one more day to get the new file for my ecu. Great to have everything 100% before I get it back.

Chowderhead72

Ready to race!
Question: with v1.2 version of this software does it only pop and crackle in sport mode? I’m very interested but like the idea of being able to turn it off.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
The way APR did this is very clever....especially if you're DSG. It's off on the DSG (even when engine is in sport mode until you press down on the DSG knob to put the trans into sport. So if your engine is in sport mode and you go from Drive to paddles, it's still off. Not sure how manual works but on the DSG it is literally on and off with a switch of the gear selector....

dReAdLoK

Passed Driver's Ed
It's always on for standing revs, no matter if it's in normal or sport. It won't pop in normal between shifts or engine braking. Just in sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iflyforfood

Passed Driver's Ed
What about the manual cars? Is it always on?

Depends on your definition of "on".

One annoying thing with this update on manual cars is if you rev match (and I ALWAYS revmatch even when driving like an old lady, gotta be nice to the clutch) even during normal mode the ECU will consider it a "free rev" and it will still crackle/pop/fart

Otherwise, when shifting up down normally, it's quiet, just like stock.

Thought it was a glitch but that was the explanation the APR rep gave me over the phone.

You'd think there could be a flag for the ECU to not trigger the crackle if the car's speed = above a certain threshold in normal, so it could differentiate between you doing a revmatch and then you revving it in a stoplight to spite the dude in the rice rocket that pulled up next to you.

I really REALLY want to know if APR will work on an update to further look into making NORMAL 100% dead quiet boring stock, especially when revmatching on the 6MT cars. Or if it's even possible with ECU logic

Last edited:

Matias

Passed Driver's Ed
I just upgraded the tune today. I'm currently on APR stage 2 with APR downpipe and stock exhaust. First impression, the pops are kinda loud even though I'm using stock exhaust. Whenever I put the engine in sport mode, it pops a lot. I also noticed an increase in engine brake. In normal mode, it just like normal stage 2 tune. One thing I noticed is that when I do the blip for downshifting in normal mode, It still pops a bit.(Probably the car thought I was free revving where free revving will always do the pops)

How did u got the tune being 2015, im 2015 and it isn't available for mine.

cararuben

Hello, I have 5G0906259F stage 2 v2.5.3 and stock retaining sounds longer than now with pops and bangs, now it's just a moment of retention but stronger. I have exhaust no cat, no resonator, no muffler, can I get flames with crackle? Thank you

SRoads

Ready to race!
All files have been updated (crackle and non Crackle) to address low boost as reported earlier in this thread.

Went to Eurotek in Vegas to get the updated stage 2 file with "pops and bangs". It wasn't showing as available on the 22 of Dec.

cararuben

Hello, I have 5G0906259F stage 2 v2.5.3 and stock retaining sounds longer than now with pops and bangs, now it's just a moment of retention but stronger. I have exhaust no cat, no resonator, no muffler, can I get flames with crackle? Thank you

something about this? someone who can help? I would appreciate it very much, thank you

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
I am glad to hear the issue is fixed, but no one has really commented on how it sounds in person and while driving. I am interested since videos are misleading.