GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need you guys opinion! VW dealer's service center rip off me I think...

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
J_C, are you manual or DSG?

Also, how often do you give it the beans?

One thing that I take away from this is that Cali gas really does suck :p

J_C

Passed Driver's Ed
J_C, are you manual or DSG?

Also, how often do you give it the beans?

One thing that I take away from this is that Cali gas really does suck :p

Mine is DSG.

What does beans mean? Fuel injector cleaner? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Mine is DSG.

What does beans mean? Fuel injector cleaner? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I suspect that the DSG programming wanting to rush to the next gear it partly why you had the carbon buildup...

"Give it some beans" as in give it some gas :p

If you don't often give it the old Italian tune up a few times a week to blow out the carbon buildup you'll definitely have a bit of a issue with the carbon buildup.

I really think that the crap gas is mostly to blame though. Ensure that you only buy gas from " top tier" stations.
Here's some more information about top tier gas:

https://youtu.be/bm14Cw1pt24

http://www.toptiergas.com/licensedbrands/

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Looks like the oil separator was leaking into the intake track according to one of the receipts. (It was replaced) That was most likely the cause of the buildup. I'd actually worry that the whole intercooler is caked with oil at this point. (depending on where it was leaking exactly)

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Whats the best way to contact VWoA (i'm guessing that's who i'd contact to go above my dealer in Canada)?
Just get the customer care desk number should be available through the service department(they will provide it) and or the vw website. I used to have a warranty admins number but alas, lost my contacts a little while back.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
A walnut blasting was only 4 hours of labor, you could easily do three a day. A TSI manifold is far from rocket science. If a dealer wanted to charge a fair menu price, they could, some do. It was such a common service when I was a wrench. As common as a 20k service it seemed, especially in the winter when the misfires would strike :)

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Looks like the oil separator was leaking into the intake track according to one of the receipts. (It was replaced) That was most likely the cause of the buildup. I'd actually worry that the whole intercooler is caked with oil at this point. (depending on where it was leaking exactly)
Oh snap! I missed that one :eek:

Yeah, that'll do it for sure.

VentoGT

Ready to race!
I suspect that the DSG programming wanting to rush to the next gear it partly why you had the carbon buildup...

"Give it some beans" as in give it some gas :p

If you don't often give it the old Italian tune up a few times a week to blow out the carbon buildup you'll definitely have a bit of a issue with the carbon buildup.

https://youtu.be/bm14Cw1pt24

http://www.toptiergas.com/licensedbrands/

This is not true at all for Direct Injection motors. No gas washing the valves so no matter what driving style they are going to get carbon build up. With my old Audi blowby was WORSE at full throttle applications and high rpm.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Is it common practice to charge a diagnostic fee for warranty work? I can see in J_C's case that plugs and filter are not a warranty item, but they still charged him for diagnostics. I think that's bs during the bumper to bumper warranty and I wouldn't pay it. I also like how they did a "one time good will" carbon cleaning.....WTF, it's under warranty and they found a faulty part. Warranty's don't mean shit it seems.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Is it common practice to charge a diagnostic fee for warranty work? I can see in J_C's case that plugs and filter are not a warranty item, but they still charged him for diagnostics. I think that's bs during the bumper to bumper warranty and I wouldn't pay it. I also like how they did a "one time good will" carbon cleaning.....WTF, it's under warranty and they found a faulty part. Warranty's don't mean shit it seems.

I've never had it actually happen, but the dealer will sometimes warn me that if they have to diagnose something that happens to not fall under warranty, I will get charged that diagnostic fee. If it is a warranty item, they cover the diagnosis as well as the repair.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I've had to deal with a couple warranty issues at the dealer with my MK5. It's always a fight, it's always an argument, it always gets escalated to VWoA. I had both things covered, but damn, I don't want to fight for what I rightfully am entitled to every single time.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I've had to deal with a couple warranty issues at the dealer with my MK5. It's always a fight, it's always an argument, it always gets escalated to VWoA. I had both things covered, but damn, I don't want to fight for what I rightfully am entitled to every single time.

This hasn't been my experience. All of the dealers I've dealt with have been happy to handle my warranty work.