GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Talk me in or out of a JB4 unit for an IS20 swap.

whitewagen

Passed Driver's Ed
I am not 100% sure, but from what I memorized from the FB, the DSG runs not really aggressive, somewhat conservative, maybe he doesn't get TCU tuned yet, and he also mentions he has some baby stuffs in the car (child seat, baby roller...etc)

If I recall correctly, it was also one of his first attempts and he had a roof box on.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
If I recall correctly, it was also one of his first attempts and he had a roof box on.

No roofbox in the video. He did have some weight in it though. First attempt can definitely account for the et, but trap still should have been higher unless he has some shifting issues.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
It depends, does anyone know the conditions? Elevation, temperature, humidity can make a tremendous difference. Educate yourselves about Density Altitude: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Density_altitude https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/1123242-can-some-explain-density-altitude-me.html

Get out of here! That makes a difference? Lol. Just playing with you, but we know about altitude etc. it's an IS38. It should have trapped higher than a stock IS12 even at altitude.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
The white alltrack is apr is38 and dsg tune. he's had it tuned for awhile.
I also thought his times were also on the slower side and disappointing. Almost made me reconsider doing is20/38 upgrade and putting the money towards a different project. Have any other alltracks/4mo wagons gone to the track?

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
The white alltrack is apr is38 and dsg tune. he's had it tuned for awhile.
I also thought his times were also on the slower side and disappointing. Almost made me reconsider doing is20/38 upgrade and putting the money towards a different project. Have any other alltracks/4mo wagons gone to the track?

Me with a 4motion S GSW(not an Alltrack) IS20 + JB4 only map 6 still set to the IS12. 13.464@101.58. It's in the thread for 1/4 mile times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Me with a 4motion S GSW(not an Alltrack) IS20 + JB4 only map 6 still set to the IS12. 13.464@101.58. It's in the thread for 1/4 mile times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was your 60' time? My biggest complaint with this car is that it doesn't engage hard when using launch mode compared to my Golf R. The R with apr s1/dsg tune had no problem doing 1.7x-.8x 60'. Comparing apples to oranges without tuning the Alltrack yet but I feel like I'm going to be disappointed with its launch even after ecm/tcm tuning.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
What was your 60' time? My biggest complaint with this car is that it doesn't engage hard when using launch mode compared to my Golf R. The R with apr s1/dsg tune had no problem doing 1.7x-.8x 60'. Comparing apples to oranges without tuning the Alltrack yet but I feel like I'm going to be disappointed with its launch even after ecm/tcm tuning.

2.042 60' No DSG tune.

Snoball

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey 4MotionWagen,

Do you mind sharing your settings for the IS12 JB4 standard 93 octane if you still have it?

I have an Alltrack 6spd, Uni DP, Uni Intake, Golf R Intercooler(debating the switch to a Unitronic one) that I don't put through it's paces until 2-3; oh how I hate 1st gear.

I'm currently Unitronic Stage 2 as well and have them stacked but am running Map 6 with 4500 to 6500 with 1 lbs of extra boost.

If you would like to PM me vs sharing them in here it would be greatly appreciated.

IS20 is in the plans, but wife just transitioned jobs so I have to wait until Christmas. :(

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Hey 4MotionWagen,

Do you mind sharing your settings for the IS12 JB4 standard 93 octane if you still have it?

I have an Alltrack 6spd, Uni DP, Uni Intake, Golf R Intercooler(debating the switch to a Unitronic one) that I don't put through it's paces until 2-3; oh how I hate 1st gear.

I'm currently Unitronic Stage 2 as well and have them stacked but am running Map 6 with 4500 to 6500 with 1 lbs of extra boost.

If you would like to PM me vs sharing them in here it would be greatly appreciated.

IS20 is in the plans, but wife just transitioned jobs so I have to wait until Christmas. :(

Someone on the Facebook page had a uni tune on there's that they stacked. I looked at the log of just the uni flash and it was pretty mild. Nice timing though. Lots of room for stacking

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Someone on the Facebook page had a uni tune on there's that they stacked. I looked at the log of just the uni flash and it was pretty mild. Nice timing though. Lots of room for stacking

Is it the Alltrack page? I wonder if I worked on it. The few I have seen are also mild tunes.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Is it the Alltrack page? I wonder if I worked on it. The few I have seen are also mild tunes.

You did. He asked me for stacking advice and I told him to let you look at it first. He originally had everything all wrong. He seems to be doing pretty good with it now. The initial map 4 was not anything stronger than my basic 93 octane map 6 starting point. He told me you were conservative with him. I told him because you didn't want him to blow up. I told him I wasn't too worried about it though. Lol

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Hey 4MotionWagen,

I never went passed map 2 on straight 93. I run at least 2.5 to 3 gallons of E85 or octane boost mixed in. I would think the UNI Stage 2 would have more boost than what I was running. I wouldn't mind seeing a map of the UNI Stage 2.

What is wrong with first gear? Are you manual? My DSG tears through first gear. I can beat most cars to 60mph that would beat me in the 1/4 or on the top end using launch control.

Here are the settings that were used during that run at the track.

1500 14.0
2000 15.5
2500 17.0
3000 18.5
3500 20.0
4000 20.0
4500 20.0
5000 20.0
5500 19.5
6000 19.0
6500 18.5
7000 17.0

FOL=75
Boost Safety=23
6-cyl Timing=1

Can you send or post a data zap of the UNI tune?

Schu

I was thinking of a mustang gt for my next car in a few years. But it's hard to go backward in power/weight. :)

RWD, and completely linear throttle response are a special kind of thing though. I just wish all those cars would lose 400-600 pounds. Camaro, Mustang, Dodge.