GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 JB4 Map1 Vs Stock Subie

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
As a former sti owner, that guy has no idea how to drive his subie. He obviously dropped the clutch at about 3000 rpm and it fell flat on it's face, gotta wind her up higher bud 4500 or higher and slip the clutch, but the tranny is weak, shoulda bought an sti, but then you'd have to worry about ring land number 4, future vw dsg owner lol. Can't go wrong bud, and it'll keep ya from looking foolish on YouTube vids.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
:D This comment on youtube LOL!!!

"The launch from both of them was absolutely terrible! It looked like my wife backing out of the driveway."

Raegar

Ready to race!
Guys...I think he gets it, bad launch. YouTube comments can be brutal, but here too!?

Anyway I appreciate the effort and would've loved it if you did more than one run - both for experience and to get a fair idea of the outcome, though I knew the GTI would take it just from the mod list. I dont think there's many drag or roll races of the 2 cars stock for stock and/or lightly modded.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Guys...I think he gets it, bad launch. YouTube comments can be brutal, but here too!?

Anyway I appreciate the effort and would've loved it if you did more than one run - both for experience and to get a fair idea of the outcome, though I knew the GTI would take it just from the mod list. I dont think there's many drag or roll races of the 2 cars stock for stock and/or lightly modded.

Awww, cmon let us have our fun! For the record, a good friend would have never posted that video, the outcome was inevitable anyway as you point out, tuned vs stock, if it wasn't for the launch fail it wouldn't be worth watching over and over and over again :)

Exhaustdd

Passed Driver's Ed
As a former sti owner, that guy has no idea how to drive his subie. He obviously dropped the clutch at about 3000 rpm and it fell flat on it's face, gotta wind her up higher bud 4500 or higher and slip the clutch, but the tranny is weak, shoulda bought an sti, but then you'd have to worry about ring land number 4, future vw dsg owner lol. Can't go wrong bud, and it'll keep ya from looking foolish on YouTube vids.

Tranny ain't that weak. Its not STI strong but there are FA cars with 3-500whp on stock clutch and trans as I'm sure you know.

The guy driving that wrx needs a few pointers, not to mention if he has bolt ons w/out a tune the car probably runs like junk.

spaghetti118

Would honestly love to see more stock to stocks or close to stock runs . As for the launches we all goof every once in awhile.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
OP please allow your friend to redeem his YouTube reputation and run him again. Maybe from a roll this time.