GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Acceleration tweak via Vag-com.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
No tweaks needed. You can alternate the shift points between D and S by pulling back on the stick. So if you're in full sport mode from the Mode button, you then pull back the stick and it just toggles the shift points to D, but you still get everything else from Sport mode.

Pulling back on the stick toggles the drivetrain (throttle AND shift points) between D (normal) and S (sport), no?

I actually don’t use this very often, TBH.

Brando

Passed Driver's Ed
Do it and let me know. I too could fill an unknown void as I am in the same situation as you.

I did it this morning. 6mt as well. I didn't expect to feel anything but it definitely feels like it engages quicker. I recommend it, if you don't like it it's a simple change back.

dub_guy

Ready to race!
Do it and let me know. I too could fill an unknown void as I am in the same situation as you.

I did mine last week, and I've been trying to be high suspicious of any confirmation bias, but it does seem like a positive change in responsiveness.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
That's if you just switched to the custom mode with the sport drivetrain. It automatically puts the DSG in S. Next time you start the car, though, the drivetrain is still in sport per your custom setting, but the DSG defaults to D.

Idk if throttle response is actually different or anything. I haven't done any of these tweaks, and I've kept this custom setting on my car since the day I bought it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I switched the adaptation back and did this. Throttle response is certainly increased over stock, but I haven't gone back and forth between the adaptation and drivetrain normal vs no adaptation and drivetrain sport. My initial reaction was that the adaptation is somewhere in between normal and sport. Sport seemed a little jumpy to me.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Pulling back on the stick toggles the drivetrain (throttle AND shift points) between D (normal) and S (sport), no?

I actually don’t use this very often, TBH.

Don't believe so. There's separate Engine and Transmission sport modes that can be activated individually in the custom mode setting. The sharper throttle response is part of the engine sport mode, not the transmission. The transmission sport mode is just the higher shift points and faster shifting potentially.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
This is what makes me want to try. I'm 6MT and always in sport mode as well. I'm confident if you feel the difference, so will I. There seems to be such unpredictable behavior with engagement and power delivery, especially going into 1st. Bleeder valve mod, clutch pedal stopper and spring delete have made it much more enjoyable, I'm wondering if this is the final piece to the puzzle?

It might be or maybe it's just another puzzle piece :)

I did all the 'clutch feel' mods too: clutch delay valve, clutch stop, remove spring. They all helped, and this coding change did too.

I thought maybe it was just the gearing to be honest, but after this coding change it seemed to reduce the weird bucking and power surges in 1st/2nd at low rpms when adding light throttle. I haven't made any changes to the car before or after the coding so I'm convinced it isn't just placebo. Unless I've subconsciously changed how I add throttle and release the clutch in the last week lol :D

Strange to hear that it doesn't seem to do anything to DSG though. Positive changes for MT here

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Don't believe so. There's separate Engine and Transmission sport modes that can be activated individually in the custom mode setting. The sharper throttle response is part of the engine sport mode, not the transmission. The transmission sport mode is just the higher shift points and faster shifting potentially.

Just one setting, drivetrain, for my 2017. But NeedSleep was correct that setting drivetrain to sport and turning the car off/on does give you sport "engine" and normal shift points.

Strange to hear that it doesn't seem to do anything to DSG though. Positive changes for MT here

It does affect the DSG, but probably not if you already have drivetrain set to sport.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
The drivetrain setting is both throttle and DSG shift points. The car will always start with drivetrain (both throttle and DSG shift points) in the normal setting, for obvious reasons. Not just the DSG shift points...at least not on my car...

Last edited:

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
I did it this morning. 6mt as well. I didn't expect to feel anything but it definitely feels like it engages quicker. I recommend it, if you don't like it it's a simple change back.

I did mine last week, and I've been trying to be high suspicious of any confirmation bias, but it does seem like a positive change in responsiveness.

alllllllright will be doing it.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
It does affect the DSG, but probably not if you already have drivetrain set to sport.

That doesn’t make a lot of sense to me as we have Sport mode too... though it really just makes the throttle mapping more aggressive and sets the steering to stiff as far as performance goes. And I guess does DCC stuff if you’ve got it.

I’m wondering if this is just bypassing some middleman electronic input “smoothener” that “smoothens” out throttle input and instead makes the input direct to what you’re actually putting down. That would make sense to me and also sounds desirable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!

6mt here. Can confirm it feels much more responsive then the base setting

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
JB 4 + DSG here. I feel zero difference with this change. I do believe it is just changing the transition time from normal to sport mode (exactly what it sounds like). No affect on throttle response whatsoever - other than a placebo affect..
Same here. I have 6mt and felt no difference in the throttle. Again it makes no sense to have the throttle response in the steering control module.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Maybe it is a placebo thing. I will try reverting the change and see if I notice anything.

Agree that it is an odd place for this setting to reside. And the description / wording...

Module - 44 - Power Steering
Adaptation - Drive Profile Switchover
Default value - Incremental: controlled by time
Optional value - Direct: controlled over threshold value

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Didn't do the adaptation but did the drive mode test. I'm GTI DSG with Cobb Stratified Stage 1. So there was slightly quicker engagement and slightly increased throttle sensitivity. Overall, probably as subtle as DG springs on a GTI, just kidding!

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Interested enough to try this. Only drive in Sport mode with DSG in D. I'll pull a log with OBD11 and see if it makes any measurable difference

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk