GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 Honda Civic Type R Priced From $33,900 In The U.S.

Khans'GTI

Ready to race!
2017 Honda Civic Type R Priced From $33,900 In The U.S.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CaptObvious75

Ready to race!
I can't wait to see these things in the wild. I love the boy-racer look to all the vanilla cars out there today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Didn't realize they came standard with 20" wheels and 245/30 tires. That's crazy.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Didn't realize they came standard with 20" wheels and 245/30 tires. That's crazy.

The cars actually have a lot on them.
I showed the young guys in the office the pictures above.
They are drooling!
Told them to get one, but $35,000 car is a lot for young guy to take on.

Who ever drive this car will need to expect every Mustang, Camaro and lifted truck to pull up next to them and behind them at lights.
No missing that rear wing. A bit much I think.

Someone at work has the Civic Sport and it even has a larger wing.
Almost too much wing for the car.
1.8L turbo, 180hp - much like a Golf

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
All I can see in that second photo is wings... So many wings.

Hopefully the price point keeps potential buyers a little older than in their teens.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
I love Hondas. I've been a Honda fanboy since I was 16 and bought my first Civic. I don't know if I could pay $34,000 for a civic. Especially when I could buy a base Mustang GT or Camaro SS for a similar price and have a faster car... Why do you have to break my heart, Honda?!?

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I love Hondas. I've been a Honda fanboy since I was 16 and bought my first Civic. I don't know if I could pay $34,000 for a civic. Especially when I could buy a base Mustang GT or Camaro SS for a similar price and have a faster car... Why do you have to break my heart, Honda?!?

Well, it could come down to RWD vs. FWD, I suppose. I could not imagine a 'Tang or a Camaro here in northern Vermont as a daily driver year-round (though I see a few, and in winter they are sad puppies). Then again, a Type R on snows seems goofy as well.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Well, it could come down to RWD vs. FWD, I suppose. I could not imagine a 'Tang or a Camaro here in northern Vermont as a daily driver year-round (though I see a few, and in winter they are sad puppies). Then again, a Type R on snows seems goofy as well.

I'm from Coventry, VT originally :)! I agree with you on both accounts; RWD cars suck in the winter and I couldn't imagine subjecting a Type-R to one of our winters. I can barely tolerate subjecting my GTI to winter driving. A FWD summer car just seems silly.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I'm from Coventry, VT originally :)! I agree with you on both accounts; RWD cars suck in the winter and I couldn't imagine subjecting a Type-R to one of our winters. I can barely tolerate subjecting my GTI to winter driving. A FWD summer car just seems silly.

The Golfs are, at heart, cars with a great deal of utility, and the sportiness is added on the GTIs and Rs without much frippery, like wings and side moldings and whatnot, so they both work well in the winter and don't look dumb doing it! Some cars simply don't adapt well to snow tires, winter wheels, or lots of powder and slush. The more gimcrackery on the car, the less suitable it is for the winter, IMO, and this is the same for the lower it is. My R is at about the lowest point I'd want for either the roads here (rough and cracked, and I live on a dirt road) or the winter.

If I was lucky enough to have the garage space (and, um, money) to have a second, summer-only car, it would definitely be RWD.