GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 Tune Input

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, after researching it a lot, I will go APR IS38 tune also, and for the same reasons. I may stack my JB4 and see if there are any gains to be had, OR just sell it to a forum member.

If you run meth there will be some definite gains. When funds come available I'll run meth and stack jb4 in the future.

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
I think I've settled on APR for my tune. It is a tried and true tune that is actually on sale right now. I'm just holding hope they come out with APR mobile soon so I have some at home tuning options.

Haha never going to happen. The most you'll get is the ability to switch between tunes and they'll change you extra for the ability to do so. But you are right it is a tried and true tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Haha never going to happen. The most you'll get is the ability to switch between tunes and they'll change you extra for the ability to do so. But you are right it is a tried and true tune.

Yeah you're right but one can dream. APR needs to get off their arse and at least provide map switching because it's ridiculous to pay dealer fees to change out a simple octane map.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Not sure if this was mentioned, but, I spoke with Cobb tuning at EuEx and they are releasing an OTS is38 tune this week.

It will be preloaded on new AP and comes in both 93 and 100 octane files.

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
Not sure if this was mentioned, but, I spoke with Cobb tuning at EuEx and they are releasing an OTS is38 tune this week.

Is the price of the AP going to increase because of this?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
No. If you buy a used one you should be able to download the file from their site.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie

Not that I'm interested in COBB but no 91 octane file?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
That's all the info I have.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
AP needs to work out their VW bugs

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3

This is relevant because it gives all the Cobb tuner shops a baseline to go off of and make tweaks from there.

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
For some reason psychonosspaz doesn't seem to understand that there is a difference between the AP and the tunes that certain tuners have made (he has made incorrect statements like this in other threads as well). It's not the AP that has bugs. The AP works exactly as it should and works very well. Certain tuners may have a few bugs to work out in their tunes but that has nothing to do with the actual AP.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
For some reason psychonosspaz doesn't seem to understand that there is a difference between the AP and the tunes that certain tuners have made (he has made incorrect statements like this in other threads as well). It's not the AP that has bugs. The AP works exactly as it should and works very well. Certain tuners may have a few bugs to work out in their tunes but that has nothing to do with the actual AP.
Ok thanks for clarifying. I've already unmarried mine for a dealer visit and flashed again with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

To clarify, by bugs I mean that Cobb is new to the VW game, and they are having some issues with some tuners getting things dialed in....so, I won't be a test bed, but may jump on a year down the road once they figure it out better. Second, there is zero difference in how the AP flashes your ECU to a normal "flash"..... evidence is there and if your motor blows up they will be able to see it, no matter how much they tell you it deletes the flash counter....whatever you are comfortable with, I personally will stick with JB4 for peace of mind until my warranty is gone