GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAPerformance Official Stage 1 & Stage 2 OTS Tune Release for Accessport!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Geez, we really have dropped the ball on this. Very sorry. Truth be told, we got swamped with a few other projects around here, and got behind. It happens. However, things are looking much better, and I plan to sit with Brian on Tuesday to discuss getting back to the grind on both our Stage 1 and 2 tunes. I will certainly keep you posted!

No problem thanks for the response. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with

mlvswoll

Passed Driver's Ed
So is anyone running MAP OTS 93 stage 1 without issue? On the fence of which tune to use. Also not to hijack the thread but I feel it is a relevant question, has anyone compared MAP stage 1 OTS to Freektune OTS plus map? Curious how they differ.

Antimatter

Ready to race!
So is anyone running MAP OTS 93 stage 1 without issue? On the fence of which tune to use. Also not to hijack the thread but I feel it is a relevant question, has anyone compared MAP stage 1 OTS to Freektune OTS plus map? Curious how they differ.

I've been running it since release on my 2017 with no issues. Usually throw in 20-30% ethanol but it runs fine without it too.

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
MAP's stage 1 tune (91 octane and 93 octane) are perfectly fine and work well. It's their stage 2 tune (seems to be mainly on 2016 GTI's) that needs to be tweaked a little. Ian said he will be talking to Brian (MAP's tuner) today about getting things sorted out with the stage 2 tune.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
I ran MAP stage 1 for a while and no issue. Had issues with Stage 2 ots tune.

Scrodee

Ready to race!
What issues are happening with the stage two?
I have been running it for about 800 miles and haven't had too many problems. I would say it's a bit unrefined and surge-prone under moderate throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
I have been running it for about 800 miles and haven't had too many problems. I would say it's a bit unrefined and surge-prone under moderate throttle.

I got an EPC code and you are right it feels unrefined.

Hexxum001

Ready to race!

MAP stage 2 just needs to be fine tuned I think. Ian said that most of the issues seem to be with 2016 GTI's but others have also reported it just being off. But MAP is one of the best shops around so I am sure they will figure it out. Here is a log that I did on MAP's 91 octane stage 2 tune a few weeks ago. As you can see, it's just off. Since I have a 2016, I offered to help out. So when they are ready, I'll probably be running some logs for them.

http://www.datazap.me/u/hexxum001/log-1490228675?log=0&data=1-2-9-11-13-16-17-18-19-20

Scrodee

Ready to race!
I sent Ian some logs as well. I'm sure they'll get us a rev soon!

Scrodee

Ready to race!
Status
Not open for further replies.