GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

gildnerwjr

I have a 2016 NAR Mark 7 Golf R with the 7.5 facelift taillights. I wired the car from the BCM for the EURO LEDs and then added a couple of more wires for the 7.5 lights so I do not use a harness.

I wanted to see how the red taillights looked when coded to blink along with amber dynamic lights so I coded the left taillight to blink on and off as a blinker. Notice how the taillight goes off with the "dunkelphase" of the turn signal, especially noticeable when the brakes are applied.

I also coded the taillights to come on with the brakes, but you can't really tell in the video because the lights were already on. I haven't left it this way, I just coded as a test then coded back to normal facelift taillight operations.

http://youtu.be/o6zxzVq7vAk

If you're interested here they are working normally.

http://youtu.be/R6vI06VRQgE

sfseals

shout out to @h22 hatch for coming in clutch. got the tails recoded but I have a left side bulb out/turn signal warning on the car? I think Jbale had the same thing and coded it out?

Child, i suggest you man-up and ping jbale directly and be sure to compensate him for all his coding you are filching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabric8

Passed Driver's Ed
..yes, the default is a static blink for lock/unlock. If you get the JBale harness its the very last parameter in the instructions that you can change to enable the dynamic flash when locking/unlocking. I think that's the same behavior for the hazard lights too. They don't sweep if the key is off.
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lichtfunktion A 28
value = aktiv 100%

So I tried this but it causes my rear fog to stay on even with the key off. But it does prevent the dynamic blink for the hazards/lock/unlock which I'm interested in. Is there a workaround?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
In order to prevent the sweep for hazards/lock/unlock I have the following workaround for my harness #4715. I use Leuchte21BR to power the LED tail control modules.

If your (4)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion A 21 is not used as brake light but as Klemme30G, Klemme15... or so you can try the following:

Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
(3)-Dyn. turn signal modes-ZV_Blinken_zu
value = active
(4)-Dyn. turn signal modes-ZV_Blinken_auf
value = active
(16)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Warnblinken_Zuendung_EIN
value = active
(17)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Warnblinken_Zuendung_AUS
value = active
(8)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion C 21
value = Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken
(10)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert CD 21
value = 0
(11)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimming Direction CD 21
value = minimize

Last edited:

JBale

Ready to race!
In order to prevent the sweep for hazards/lock/unlock I have the following workaround for my harness #4715. I use Leuchte21BR to power the LED tail control modules.

If your (4)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion A 21 is not used as brake light but as Klemme30G, Klemme15... or so you can try the following:

Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
value = active
value = active
value = active
value = active
value = Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken
value = 0
value = minimize

Nice work finding this! I'm excited to give it a try.

fabric8

Passed Driver's Ed

Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
value = active
value = active
value = active
value = active
value = 0
value = minimize

I just wanned to report that this worked perfectly! (10) and (11) were already set to 0 and minimize respectiveley, so I only had to make changes to (3), (4), (16), (17) & (8). Now they only sweep as turn signals and blink solid on/off as hazards/lock/unlock. Thank you so much!!!

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Thanks for the feedback. I’m glad to hear that it works for you too.

DaRock1459

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
I just wanned to report that this worked perfectly! (10) and (11) were already set to 0 and minimize respectiveley, so I only had to make changes to (3), (4), (16), (17) & (8). Now they only sweep as turn signals and blink solid on/off as hazards/lock/unlock. Thank you so much!!!

You have the JBale harness? Curious to try considering I want to maintain use of the rear fog.