GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
vw671 has the DAP harness, should ask him about the error/coding. His function the same as the video as well.

Or like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opkj06tXrVw

You can see that the "last two bulbs" don't actually turn on. If that's what he's concerned about.

Does he mean Paul from DAP?

Oh interesting; I missed his post about the DAP harness.

There was a teaser video on YouTube that had a quick side view of the turn signal. Can't find it right now, but I'm curious if there are even diodes in there. The tail light design has some "dead" red blocks in line with the brake lights for aesthetics, so it might be like that for the turn signal.

In fact I have nothing but praise for marcel because he took the time to code it and set mine up since i was the 1st nar customer, jbale gave me the correction to get the flash to stop but i havent tried it yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Lol I still remember that week when Marcel was trying to figure out how to code the tails for NAR by using your car. You were a trooper, man.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Oh interesting; I missed his post about the DAP harness.

There was a teaser video on YouTube that had a quick side view of the turn signal. Can't find it right now, but I'm curious if there are even diodes in there. The tail light design has some "dead" red blocks in line with the brake lights for aesthetics, so it might be like that for the turn signal.

Lol I still remember that week when Marcel was trying to figure out how to code the tails for NAR by using your car. You were a trooper, man.

Took 4 hours of me sitting in my car with him on whatsapp and screenview or w/e to code it correctly. Sucks being the 1st but i sure made everyone jealous of my sick lights

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Jesus this is getting annoying. I have the audiamant harness and you don't see me complaining all day long on 12,000 different threads about the fact my inner lights flash when i press the brakes(and I paid about $100 more than what you did for the jbale one). Calm down and live with it dude, so what if it throws an error code WHEN YOU SCAN THE CAR. You must of forgot that you're installing parts that dont belong on our cars so you must compromise somehow.

In fact I have nothing but praise for marcel because he took the time to code it and set mine up since i was the 1st nar customer, jbale gave me the correction to get the flash to stop but i havent tried it yet.

I'm just gonna bite my tongue this time :D

vw671

Autocross Newbie
vw671 has the DAP harness, should ask him about the error/coding. His function the same as the video as well.

Or like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opkj06tXrVw

You can see that the "last two bulbs" don't actually turn on. If that's what he's concerned about.

Does he mean Paul from DAP?

Are you referring to my pic? The signal is chasing and hence the last 2 unlit.

I will have to scan mine but I would guess they would all be simular.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Are you referring to my pic? The signal is chasing and hence the last 2 unlit.

I will have to scan mine but I would guess they would all be simular.

I am, but if you compare your pic with the video of the lights on a car from factory, they both end in the same place.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I was right. There's no diode there. You can see it's just a dead white block for aesthetics in the first pic.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I would assume most of us have this soft code and don’t really care about it considering these tails aren’t even designed for our car. I would be surprised if any of the harnesses are 100% fault free. If they are, then go buy one of them. If VW developed this harness and it wasn’t fault free then I think you have a valid complaint. Not trying to be rude or offensive but 99% of us (even the ones with OCD/perfectionists) ignore the code and are extremely satisfied and thankful to Jeremy and Audiamant for getting things started and developing really solid products. How often do you scan? I’m sorry if it bothers you that much but it’s just one of those things that comes with messing around with German electronics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amarq17

So I had chance today to go back in and triple check the coding and take a look at the connections.

I'm using DAP harness have a '15 GTI SE I recently purchased and coding with VCDS. Again, only issues I'm having are the outter dynamic turn signals not working (inners work) and the driver's side reverse light (along with fog) not working.

Noticed a couple of differences from the coding sheet supplied by DAP and what I'm seeing in VCDS, but they seem close enough that I'm not sure if this is the issue.

On DAP's coding sheet they list Lichtfunktion A20 Klemme 30 while on VCDS the only option is Klemme 30 G

And then here in 20BR LA71 Lampendefektbitposition 20 DAP's instruction list new value as 0 but when entering "0" it returns the following error. Because of this I went with 00 instead of 0 and it accepted.

Here's a look at some of my connections

Drivers side Inner:

Driver's side Outter:

comingabriel

Ready to race!
I did not have any issues with my ROW wiring harness on my former 15R, everything functioned as it should, so did everyone elses harness and lights that did not belong there. A product was introduced, no mention that it hard codes, and throws on a dash light, meaning stuff aint done right, and it was not disclosed the 7.5 FL harness was incomplete for whatever reason. I would not have bought these lights if I knew it was going to throw a hard code and a light on the cluster that and that cannot be corrected just one hidden. Disclosure to the buyer, who specifically asks for as product with zero issues (this has a fault code, an issue) and I feel I was wronged on my purchase of the harness. Question is, why couldnt people be honest from the get go. My gripe. Would have stuck with the euro leds for the 7 R, wired it with a much cheaper harness, and called this 7.5 FL taili light and harness mod as a pass, my preference does not have to be yours. That is all I am saying. Done with this topic, now just beaten a dead horse.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I did not have any issues with my ROW wiring harness on my former 15R, everything functioned as it should, so did everyone elses harness and lights that did not belong there. A product was introduced, no mention that it hard codes, and throws on a dash light, meaning stuff aint done right, and it was not disclosed the 7.5 FL harness was incomplete for whatever reason. I would not have bought these lights if I knew it was going to throw a hard code and a light on the cluster that and that cannot be corrected just one hidden. Disclosure to the buyer, who specifically asks for as product with zero issues (this has a fault code, an issue) and I feel I was wronged on my purchase of the harness. Question is, why couldnt people be honest from the get go. My gripe. Would have stuck with the euro leds for the 7 R, wired it with a much cheaper harness, and called this 7.5 FL taili light and harness mod as a pass, my preference does not have to be yours. That is all I am saying. Done with this topic, now just beaten a dead horse.

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
I could just be me...but pin 8 (*yellow wire) does not look fully inserted. You have to release the locking latch to get it to seat all the way in before re-locking.

Agreed, you should not be able to see the terminal sticking of the connector. Good eye vw671!

At: comingrabriel
As far as the soft code when running the jbale harness, who cares. My lights work perfectly, and the product jbale delivered was/is superior to the other solutions out there. Based on ease of installation and proper functionality. If you have a hard code(dash on light), something may be amiss.

I had a soft code with my LED bulbs on my oem tails, and one from my soundaktor being disconnected. No sweat. Just ignore it if everything is working correctly. Now, if you have a dash light, I can understand your frustration. Might be a problem with used harness you purchased?

Last edited:

comingabriel

Ready to race!
Agreed, you should not be able to see the terminal sticking of the connector. Good eye vw671!

At: comingrabriel
As far as the soft code when running the jbale harness, who cares. My lights work perfectly, and the product jbale delivered was/is superior to the other solutions out there. Based on ease of installation and proper functionality. If you have a hard code(dash on light), something may be amiss.

I had a soft code with my LED bulbs on my oem tails, and one from my soundaktor being disconnected. No sweat. Just ignore it if everything is working correctly. Now, if you have a dash light, I can understand your frustration. Might be a problem with used harness you purchased?

All JBales harnesses throw hard codes, the cluster lamp icon is hidden by his coding lampendefektposition=00. Put it back to the stock value, and you will see the lamp icon come on, as well as everyone else. Thst simple. It appears his harness is not alone in causing the hard fault code, due to not running appropriate wires to additional places, along with additional coding.