GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Giffed it!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

amehta11

Passed Driver's Ed
Right I have an issue, installed them and followed the coding to the letter. I'm using audiamant harness, there was no way of knowing which was supposed to go to the inner light and which was to go to the outer or which was for left and which was for right from their installation sheet or no indication on the wires.
I do think I might have it the wrong way around. My fog is always on, my lights don't come on at all, brake, drl or high beam and the whole lights flashes along with the indicators, indicators do sweep across though. Anyone else installed with audiamant? Have I installed the modules the wrong way around? I have the long wired module coming from the outer light and the short wired module on the inner light? AM sheets just tell you where to wire but don't tell you which module goes where or the photos are that blurry that I can't see them!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
The tails look absolutely wicked. Picking up mine from the post office tomorrow so can't hardly wait.

Btw question about the AM harness. Are they true plug and play or does it require taking the trim pieces off to install? And what was your total time on install and coding?

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
The tails look absolutely wicked. Picking up mine from the post office tomorrow so can't hardly wait.

Btw question about the AM harness. Are they true plug and play or does it require taking the trim pieces off to install? And what was your total time on install and coding?

You need to take the trim off to get the wiring hidden, the plugs are completely different so the adapter is needed. It only took an hour or so, the main time i spent was removing my old harness.

amehta11

Passed Driver's Ed
You need to take the trim off to get the wiring hidden, the plugs are completely different so the adapter is needed. It only took an hour or so, the main time i spent was removing my old harness.

Oh ok. I wasn't expecting somewhere around 3-4 hours for the install so was thinking about doing it over the weekend...now I might just do it tomorrow night especially since I'm going from stock to facelifts.

Also, you said you took your fogs off, did you mean you didn't code them?

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
No i upgraded my stock halogens to gti LEDs, i tried to code the fog for them but it i couldn't get it to work, then when i upgraded to these my fog was on, probably because i messed around with the code trying to get the fog to work on the older LEDs so i had to turn them back off when i installed these. That's probably going to be unique to me!
It's very easy to do. If everything had gone right for me and i didn't have to remove the old harness i'd say an hours work really.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Anyone order from E-acca can post their turnaround time? I know cars is much faster, but i'd rather deal with Natalja.

These tails look beautiful :) Cant wait to have mine setup

Placed my order on 08/23. Lights already shipped, fedex tracking says they will be here Monday 09/18. So 26 days from placing the order to arriving at my door.

Natalja was great, super fast/clear communication. If you decide to go with eacca, look for the promo code a few pages back for 5% off.

nipp

Sorry, if this has been covered before but this thread is over 100 pages long and I read about 10 before I gave up.

I’ll be receiving a new Golf 7.5 Comfortline (Australian model) in about a month. While it has LED tail lights, they do not sweep dynamically. I understand that this is not just firmware coding, there are two versions of the tail lights – with and without the dynamic function and they are wired differently (correct me if I’m wrong). Does anyone know if it is possible to modify the standard non-dynamic lights to make them dynamic so I don’t have to spring for new lights entirely?

vandelay300

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry, if this has been covered before but this thread is over 100 pages long and I read about 10 before I gave up.

I’ll be receiving a new Golf 7.5 Comfortline (Australian model) in about a month. While it has LED tail lights, they do not sweep dynamically. I understand that this is not just firmware coding, there are two versions of the tail lights – with and without the dynamic function and they are wired differently (correct me if I’m wrong). Does anyone know if it is possible to modify the standard non-dynamic lights to make them dynamic so I don’t have to spring for new lights entirely?

I don't think it's possible to mod them. They are two different parts entirely.

nipp

I'm not too confident either. If all the LEDs are wired in series then there's probably nothing to be done (at least without some quality MacGyvering). Never mind, I think replacing the halogen headlights with LEDs would be a more practical upgrade anyway.

cb61

Passed Driver's Ed
Placed my order on 08/24 to Cars245...I haven't received yet a tracking number :mad:. Sent them an email Tuesday and no response since...

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Placed my order on 08/24 to Cars245...I haven't received yet a tracking number :mad:. Sent them an email Tuesday and no response since...

Send about 6 emails and threaten to cancel your order and then you'll get a response. Their customer service is still pretty bad.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Contact the person who deals on Facebook, they might be able to get you a response. They are slow at replying although i emailed them yesterday as i misplaced the tracking number and got a reply this morning. But by that time i had already got the lights and installed.

hulksu

Car(s)
(sold) '17 GTI SE
Here is my install video of the JBale harness with MK7.5 (face-lift) taillights....

https://youtu.be/XOfJcmG1NTs

It is LONG but I tried to cover it well.
Enjoy

Thanks for this! It took me a couple days to get through it during my train rides home, but I found it extremely helpful.

I have also ordered the JBale harness, but it hasn't arrived yet. I would like to know a little about the coding since it wasn't part of your video. Did you use VAGCOM or Obdeleven? Does JBale include instructions for both? I hope to use Obdeleven.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Thanks for this! It took me a couple days to get through it during my train rides home, but I found it extremely helpful.

I have also ordered the JBale harness, but it hasn't arrived yet. I would like to know a little about the coding since it wasn't part of your video. Did you use VAGCOM or Obdeleven? Does JBale include instructions for both? I hope to use Obdeleven.
VCDS and OBDeleven coding instructions are the same and will be provided by JBale

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk