GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
This thread is for the MK7.5 tails. Yes, you would need to sell everything and install them. However, there are certain aftermarket solutions that allow the MK7 tails to have a similar effect - not quite the same. I believe youtuber zed4me had done a video on this.

I think what they were asking was; if we already did the mk7 LED tail install, including doing the wiring work... what do we need to do in order to run the 7.5 Tails properly.

Is all the wiring worthless for the new tails, obv we need to buy the new hardware itself but what's the next step?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JBale

Ready to race!
I think what they were asking was; if we already did the mk7 LED tail install, including doing the wiring work... what do we need to do in order to run the 7.5 Tails properly.

Is all the wiring worthless for the new tails, obv we need to buy the new hardware itself but what's the next step?

Unfortunately the old wiring harness would not get the job done for the new tail lights. On the plus side you can sell your old LED tail lights with the harness which should make it more desirable.

To install the face lift tail lights you will need the following lights, an adapter harness, and coding changes.

5G0945208G
5G0945207G
5G0945308P
5G0945307P

The above part number are for a full LHD set of tail lights. Ie only a rear fog light on the drivers side.

These lights can be purchased easily from www.cars245.com or www.e-acca.com. So far cars245 has had the faster turn around on the assemblies.

Last edited:

king12sky

Ready to race!
I think for those who ordered in July should start seeing their tailights ship soon. I just got notice mine will ship out 28-31 July so im guessing alot of people will be around the time frame too.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Yup. Ordered mine July 9, shipped out July 19, and USPS is supposed to deliver it today, July 24.

Definitely looking forward to seeing them in person and getting Jeremy's harness when he's able to send out the upcoming batch.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

JBale

Ready to race!
Yup. Ordered mine July 9, shipped out July 19, and USPS is supposed to deliver it today, July 24.

Definitely looking forward to seeing them in person and getting Jeremy's harness when he's able to send out the upcoming batch.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Your harness should be shipping this weekend. My parts should ship today or tomorrow which means they will arrive Thursday or Friday if all goes well.

Nsknick

Ready to race!
Your harness should be shipping this weekend. My parts should ship today or tomorrow which means they will arrive Thursday or Friday if all goes well.

I've been waiting to hear news like this! I pick up my new GTI Thursday, I already received the tails in the mail last week! Can't wait to install them!

simba34

Passed Driver's Ed

Sorry, didn't get that from the op. Same answer would still apply though - connectors changed with the new tails.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Does anyone know how much the lights cost direct from a dealer in Germany? Wondering if I should just order from cars245 instead of waiting a month and buying them while on vacation.

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
OK, just want to be 100% clear before I consider pulling the ripcord.
OEM LED taillights with BEC harness are both to be removed, and need to be replaced with new taillights and new harness?
There is no upgrade procedure, alternate modification or any means of using any of the existing installed items to integrate the new 7.5 LED tails, and it all needs to be replaced with current products?
And, those items needed (summary overview for easy reference not only to me but for all considering this install), are?
1-Harness (cost, where, how?)
2-7.5 LED taillights (cost, where to get, how to install)
3-coding (if any)

Again, I thank anyone for summarizing this as previously asked, to read through 74 pages of posts and be all over the planet, universe and still not be 100% clear is what I'm trying to achieve, so I don't make any mistakes, don't spend unnecessary funds, and make sure I do everything correct, I'm asking for a recap/summary overview (which one might think would be a good "sticky" for anyone considering this upgrade.
Thanks!!

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Yes, you need to remove the MK7 LED+Harness and install the MK7.5 lights+Harness. They're different and can't be reused.

Where to get Harness: JBale
Coding: Jbale instructions
Tails lights: Look a few posts above JBale includes part numbers and 2 sites to order from.

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
And, those items needed (summary overview for easy reference not only to me but for all considering this install), are?
1-Harness (cost, where, how?)
2-7.5 LED taillights (cost, where to get, how to install)
3-coding (if any)

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG

To install the face lift tail lights you will need the following lights, an adapter harness, and coding changes.

5G0945208G
5G0945207G
5G0945308P
5G0945307P

The above part number are for a full LHD set of tail lights. Ie only a rear fog light on the drivers side.

These lights can be purchased easily from www.cars245.com or www.e-acc.com. So far cars245 has had the faster turn around on the assemblies.

Install is the same as removal, and is the same as the MK7 install which is posted all over. Not sure about the MK7.5 harness but there are a few install videos from DAP, USP?, etc. on the MK7 harness.

Prices may vary on the lights so it's best to shop when you're ready to buy. I'd PM JBale for his harness price and coding instructions if you can't find it in this thread, not sure if he's shared pricing, etc. to the forum or if it's PM only.

Last edited: