GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WOLF Mk7 GTI vs Nissan GTR

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
To back up some claims from a long time ago.
Hope this settles the disbelieve for the power figure claims on the BMW and Camaro SS.
Who would have thought that a stock turbo stock head stock block VW with just weight reduction, high boost and E85 could take on Godzilla?
Now time to move to bigger turbos and hunt down the 700HP ones...

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Nice runs[emoji41]

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Hmmm

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
The GTR is an amazing car and I've had the awesome pleasure of driving one (briefly) on a track. That's just nuts.

Mk7R Estate

Ready to race!
I was curious why it seemed to be shifting between 6/7k. Seems like it should rev higher than that.

Max hp at 6500 but wasnt near that at start and shifted way to early too.
In the race in the middle he was pushing past 6500 and there he reeled the Golf in.
So when aiming at those 700hp+ cars be sure to choose another bad driver...

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Max hp at 6500 but wasnt near that at start and shifted way to early too.
In the race in the middle he was pushing past 6500 and there he reeled the Golf in.
So when aiming at those 700hp+ cars be sure to choose another bad driver...

First run was fresh run for both cars.
GTR was touching 7000RPM gap remained the same for the remainder of the pull.

Even gave him the jump on the last run after AFR straightened out....
People will always find excuses and so I made sure to give him the jump in at least a single run.
As for him EVENTUALLY reeling me in...almost every car I run with more power than me, will reel me in in 5th.....do you even know the gear ratios of the DSG?
My 5th gear is capable of close to 200MPH! Its wayyy too tall!
4th gear and up is technically all overdrive hence why I regret not going 6spd....

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
What year is that gtr? The early ones were just 480hp and were more known for leaving hard from a dig. Not really high trap speeds. If I recall the first one they tested may have been a ringer because later cars were in the low 12's and under 120mph. The new models today are definitely a different story though

Last edited:

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
What year is that gtr? The early ones were just 480hp and were more known for leaving hard from a dig. Not really high trap speeds. If I recall the first one they tested may have been a ringer because later cars were in the low 12's and under 120mph. The new models today are definitely a different story though

2009 with cobb software but else bone stock from what I was told.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/godzilla-numbers-2009-2017-nissan-gt-r/

Red this neat article and apparently they are good for an 11.6@120 stock.
Not sure were a tune puts it.
The record holder S4 I ran a few months back runs a bit faster so these results are about what I expected.
5th gear in the DSG is just wayyy too long so I usually just do my thing in 3rd and 4th and redline 4th to mid 140's.
Main purpose of this post is to back up slightly outdated claims that I once put a car on an Ex-Bosses GTR for which I received a lot of flak.
Once big turbo I will be hunting down E85 bolt on GTR's, supras, 2JZ's etc...car is gonna be big league one day and you guys will recall me saying it.
I received much support but I also received some shit on here.
It feels satisfying rubbing this in the face of the fanatics and haters.
The IS20 is retiring and I am just getting started.

Last edited: