GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you hate about your MK7 Golf R?

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Piano black is far superior to soft touch. The soft touch crap in my 11 TDI was already becoming an issue by the time I traded it in.

The brakes on this car are insane. It's kind of disengenuous to compare them to a track pad. The couple times I've laid on them, they damn near put me through the windshield. My TDI Golf was much more rear biased and would try to get sideways on ice when stopping, the R just stops.

The TPMS is more than sufficient for what it does. It tells you if you have a puncture. This works perfectly fine. The 1 time I've had a nail, it noticed before I even could tell the tire was low.

KO7

Ready to race!
That's why you use a swiffer duster. [emoji846]keep mine in my trunk

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

Yup I keep a swiffer duster in the freed-up armrest storage space ?

Buguyed

Ready to race!
You know, this is the first time I've read anyone seriously upset with the Golf R's brakes. I've read a few niggling criticisms in a couple of reviews, but they've always been in the minority. My guess is that your problem isn't so much with the brakes, but with the less-than-stellar Bridgestone and Conti tires which VW mounts as standard equipment. Try some good Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's or Sport Cup 2's, as they ought to make you feel better when doing some late braking into the curves.

I guess it's not so much the stopping distance but the lightness of the rear end during heavy braking that is odd to me. It's like you can nearly invoke oversteer simply by braking hard. Maybe I'm still getting used to AWD cars and VW's in general. Long time BMW owner here and pretty strictly a RWD person.

Super fun car though for the full package! My heart races on every acceleration and not a drop of buyers remorse yet!-

nate704

Go Kart Champion
The TPMS system auto makers use these days do not use actual sensors in the wheels, which cost more to make and maintain.
So, the newer systems use wheel rotational speed to calculate the difference, and calculate which tire is low on air pressure.
And the system on Golf R is fairly accurate, that it can detect 1-3 psi difference.
It's a better system actually since you don't have to deal with TPMS sensors every time you change tires

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
It annoys me that after a fresh rain, I can't roll my windows down slightly without everything coming down on my window controls during a turn.

The rear passenger seat latch was starting to rattle, so I had to remedy that, but not really any other annoying rattles.

fsr1

Passed Driver's Ed
The Soundaktor is easily disconnected, or tweaked as you wish.

In almost 2 years I've never used the cruise — what's wrong with it?

Neil

I use the cruise control all the time and it works fine for me.

Coming from a long line of GTI's, the last 3 had the cruise on the turn signal stalk. It was perfectly placed. That, and it only had two buttons and an on/off switch which was never disabled. Perfectly ergonomic.

I just can't get my head around the need for 6 cruise control buttons. Completely unnecessary. Lastly, it tries to kill you! I joke, but do not like that a clutch press does not cancel the cruise. I downshift to start slowing and when the clutch is released it accelerates. I know some like this feature. I am not among them. Most changes I like, not this one.

Pulled the Soundaktor out of my 2012. This one will go shortly.

Buguyed

Ready to race!
Just curious, why don't you like the soundaktor? It's not fake noise, just amplified actual engine noise. I really enjoy it.

Phydeauxman

This is my first car with Automatic Lane Assist (think that is what it is called) and I wound up turning it off because I hated it. Seems like every time I am cresting a hill it wants to drive the car to the right. Also don't like not having a center console and sure would be nice to have remote start for those cold winter mornings.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
This is my first car with Automatic Lane Assist (think that is what it is called) and I wound up turning it off because I hated it. Seems like every time I am cresting a hill it wants to drive the car to the right. Also don't like not having a center console and sure would be nice to have remote start for those cold winter mornings.

You don't want the remote starter for your car if you park your car in your garage since it could be very dangerous.

pedrowoolley

has anyone ever tried an anti static spray on the piano black? thats the only thing that gets me going. sometimes the ACC is a little harsh braking but thats my fault for being lazy