GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CZR's Oryx White 7R DSG

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
I absolutely loved them too but they turned brown after one track day :) Not the best paint they used... and also very hard to keep them clean
Thinking of turning them toxic green (like Porsche Hybrid)

Navi

Autocross Champion
Been a little busy!
I actually like the wrap version.
I also have Girodisc and like them much but for DD I would rather not have the cut slots.
On the O34 mounts they have added a washer with the new parts. So far it has performed smoothly. But with your current set up you do not need them anymore.
Your brake deflectors are different from most. I see they bolt on.
Thanks for sharing.

Out of curiosity, why do you not like the slots? Noise? Killing pads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Out of curiosity, why do you not like the slots? Noise? Killing pads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At high speed braking or hard braking you can feel the slots pass under the pads. From research the slots add better friction and aid braking but in a DD car this addition is not used much. You get used to the feel but just odd when it occurs. In my normal driving never an issue. I do not drive interstate much except on trips and coming down off ramps at 80mph is when I can feel them normally. Drilled rotors are not recommended for track use and I understand the reason but if one wants more than smooth rotors for looks I think drilled or a hook design cut on some might be better. If I ever have to replace the outer disc on my Girodisc parts I plan to ask if they can make a smooth set and try them. Just something to think about. If you track hard, then the slots might be an option for you. My thoughts.

I will add that since I have had a suspension issue corrected the slots are less noticable under hard braking. Worn 034 Mounts were the issue and 034 has made a change which I am currently running

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
Great build... up until the black wheels. Bring bronze back!

Well I actually did :D The track/winter wheels are 8x18" Neuspeed - Bronze. Not the same as the 19" version but I would dare say even better!

Here's a pic from December. Mind the dirt, lol.

Back to the present, this is the current rear look. Still got work to do on the rear diffuser so.. This will do for now. Spoiler(s)/badge/etc finished.

Navi

Autocross Champion

Hey I've been looking at these... the oettinger spoiler extensions. Can you post up some better pics? Also, do you have the part number? I had found it somewhere but forgot to write it down.

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
what is this? intake manifold?

also, this is the part number for the oettinger flaps that go on top of the oettinger spoiler? 5G0-071-601-A-041? Did you install yourself?

Yes and yes. Dealership installed it. Will try to take some pictures for your tomorrow.

Last edited: