GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

tmbzip

Ready to race!
Confirm fuel bias 100 for all RPMs and if that is set, do you have the Driving Profile Switchover OBD11/VCDS tweak set to incremental or direct? If direct, try switching back to incremental.

Yup fuel bias all set to 100, and I've never touched the driving profile switchover (had to google that tweak hah)

tmbzip

Ready to race!
Looked at your other logs. One log with a blip into 15 is not an issue. Carry on.

Gotcha, will keep an eye on it incase.

I put in about 2.5 gallons I had leftover, tank had about 10.5 of 91 left in it. Drove for a while to let it mix before doing any pulls.

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Hey everyone - 1st post here. I've been running a JB4 with my '17 GTI on map 2, but recently started wondering what things would be like with more power haha.

My question is if anyone has stacked an ECU tune with JB4, what tunes have worked best for that purpose? Map 2 has worked like a charm, but I'm looking for a bit more top end. Hoping to put $ towards an R in a couple years, so trying to avoid spending a ton on bolt ons.

Search my name in this thread, I am Uni stacked. You'll find my datazap logs.

B00STED1

Ready to race!
Took my JB4 off since I had to go to the dealer due to an error in my lighting system (faulty module), and while reinstalling I noticed my plug C wire had some wear as if from heat :( Everything feels fine and I'm getting readings while my laptop is plugged so I'm going to get some zip ties to make sure there's no contact. Anyone ever had an issue with their wires getting worn from heat?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Took my JB4 off since I had to go to the dealer due to an error in my lighting system (faulty module), and while reinstalling I noticed my plug C wire had some wear as if from heat :( Everything feels fine and I'm getting readings while my laptop is plugged so I'm going to get some zip ties to make sure there's no contact. Anyone ever had an issue with their wires getting worn from heat?

Hadn't noticed any. I'm trying to imagine what is near plug c wiring that can get hot enough to deform plastic. Nothing really over there.

B00STED1

Ready to race!
Hadn't noticed any. I'm trying to imagine what is near plug c wiring that can get hot enough to deform plastic. Nothing really over there.

I believe this is the culprit as I've found out the hard way while doing the install after I drove the car and let it sit for 45 minutes lol

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
So after reading Karl's DT article on logging. i'm joining you all.

https://datazap.me/u/frozone/full-logs?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-5-11-18-19

This is a 3rd gear pull from yesterday

and this is 4th
https://datazap.me/u/frozone/log-1516313223?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-11-18-19

jb4/catless/intake/gfb dv+ Temp was maybe 24*F outside

From what I can tell things look to be ok. I'm still learning about timing and what exactly that means.

Right now things seem to be pretty smooth. Peak boost is 23 at 4500. George helped me set this up I want to say back in may and haven't touched it since. Going into this season I plan on maximizing the hell out of this for Time attack purposes. Its pretty capable as is but if there is more on the table Lets go fo it. IC/pipes coming soon.

What yall think?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So after reading Karl's DT article on logging. i'm joining you all.

https://datazap.me/u/frozone/full-logs?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-5-11-18-19

This is a 3rd gear pull from yesterday

and this is 4th
https://datazap.me/u/frozone/log-1516313223?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-11-18-19

jb4/catless/intake/gfb dv+ Temp was maybe 24*F outside

From what I can tell things look to be ok. I'm still learning about timing and what exactly that means.

Right now things seem to be pretty smooth. Peak boost is 23 at 4500. George helped me set this up I want to say back in may and haven't touched it since. Going into this season I plan on maximizing the hell out of this for Time attack purposes. Its pretty capable as is but if there is more on the table Lets go fo it. IC/pipes coming soon.

What yall think?

I suspect this is a DSG car and there are no clutch preservation concerns?

Looks good. You could probably add another 1psi at 4k and at 4500k if you wanted to send it.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I suspect this is a DSG car and there are no clutch preservation concerns?

Looks good. You could probably add another 1psi at 4k and at 4500k if you wanted to send it.

Actually manual haha and my clutch is toast. I have the sre clutch going in soon actually.

So you would just change the one value?

When the clutch goes in i would love to see if i could raise it more to scream out of corners on track.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Actually manual haha and my clutch is toast. I have the sre clutch going in soon actually.

So you would just change the one value?

When the clutch goes in i would love to see if i could raise it more to scream out of corners on track.

Well, you could add 1psi to everything 4k on up and see what it does. The high boost is already impacting timing and you'll probably need to start adding E85 to keep it up otherwise you are leaving power on the table.

This is my kill map6. Note AFR gets a bit lean due to fueling limitations of JB4 using E85 (trims). The E85 is keeping timing (IGN1) up.

https://datazap.me/u/diggs24/log-1512072382?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-11-14-18-21

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Well, you could add 1psi to everything 4k on up and see what it does. The high boost is already impacting timing and you'll probably need to start adding E85 to keep it up otherwise you are leaving power on the table.

This is my kill map6. Note AFR gets a bit lean due to fueling limitations of JB4 using E85 (trims). The E85 is keeping timing (IGN1) up.

https://datazap.me/u/diggs24/log-1512072382?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-11-14-18-21

ok. ok. So i dont have access to E85. So I want to keep AFR in the 12-13.5 range correct?

Timing is recorded by the Ign1 so my peak was 5.5 with an afr of 13.5 any more than that then things get hairy no?

I should note the ikh24 plugs should be near the end of their life span as I'm due to change them and oil next month if I recall.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I also have a follow up question. Is it possible to create a map to maximize fuel efficiency? Since its snowy and shit out it would be nice to get some good mpg since i can't go fast lol