GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I just realized that I think I tapped the AFR wire into the red wire on the black sensor with the *gray* sheathing, instead of the red wire on the *gray* sensor with the black sheathing as the instructions say. I wonder what weirdness that might have caused.

It would make your part throttle run richer although the AFR bias is triggered under load so most likely on a very rare throttle input this would occur.:D

Pirate

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I currently have the jb4 hooked up to my MacBook, I have the app installed. However it just says disconnected down at the bottom right. I hit file and connect. It just briefly flashes red and back to disconnected. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gameaud

Ready to race!
Right here. Lol. I've learned a tone since 4am PST (West Coast) go back about three or four pages, I probably have a lot of the same questions as you and the guys here have been ridiculously helpful. To the point that BMS is the way I'm going to go.

The customer service from George and all the time he has put in reading peoples maps and numbers and guiding them is above and beyond anything I've ever seen. Two thumbs up.

Hey Lunchin do you know if you are going to go with the JB1 or JB4? I'm not sure if JB4 is worth the higher cost if I plan to stay stock hardware. JB1 has map 6 where I can change the settings to less power at lower rpm to hopefully preserve some clutch. Not sure if JB4 is worth up higher cost for tuning noobs like myself who don't even know whats the difference..anyone have any thoughts?

Pirate

Ready to race!
Nvm I got it connected I didn't have the car turned on lmfao, I have it on map 2, do I have to save? Or does it automatically upload it?

-Magner-

Passed Driver's Ed
I made a post awhile back showing my dyno results from my car with jb4 on map 0 map 2 and map 6. I said I would make a post showing my 1/4 mile times on jb1 vs jb4 so here it is. I know there is more power/speed In the car but I didn't get enough runs to make the adjustments needed to get in to the 12's. I'm still on the stock clutch so I'm leaving the line a little soft so I don't kill the clutch

My best on jb1 was 13.5 @ 106

My best on jb4 was 13.1 @ 107

My car is a 2015 gti s manual

Fuel is 93 with 2.5 gallons e85

My mods are
Jb4
Cts dp
Afe intake
Bms turbo muffler delete
Cts turbo inlet
Dv+

These are my slips from the jb1 the temp was 70

These are my slips from the jb4 at the same track the temp was 80

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I made a post awhile back showing my dyno results from my car with jb4 on map 0 map 2 and map 6. I said I would make a post showing my 1/4 mile times on jb1 vs jb4 so here it is. I know there is more power/speed In the car but I didn't get enough runs to make the adjustments needed to get in to the 12's. I'm still on the stock clutch so I'm leaving the line a little soft so I don't kill the clutch

My mods are
Jb4
Cts dp
Afe intake
Bms turbo muffler delete
Cts turbo inlet
Dv+

Nice outcome. What settings was JB1 vs now?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion

My mods are
Jb4
Cts dp
Afe intake
Bms turbo muffler delete
Cts turbo inlet
Dv+

Good times. What tires were you running?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Damn that's even better being on a street tire. We're going to have a JB4 on street tires in the 12s real soon!

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Wonder what it would do on slicks

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
That would be something! Whenever I change out the crappy Conti's I'll give it a shot myself, but I refuse to waste perfectly good plastic tires ;)